new cars engine apart

brands29

I bought a 89 sc and most engine part's are in the trunk and i bought a book but its dont look like its going to help me any. Any sudgestions any one can give me to put it back together?

I bought a 89 sc and most engine part's are in the trunk and i bought a book but its dont look like its going to help me any. Any sudgestions any one can give me to put it back together?

Where are you located? Maybe someone near you could come by and help out.
Other than that... how much mechanical ability do you have?
THAT will make a big difference on how much help we can be to you.

Well i am good working on cars but this is the first supercharged car i've done. The motor i have no problem doing just the wireing and all the plumbing that i needs help with and vacuum lines

Where are you located? Maybe someone near you could come by and help out.
Other than that... how much mechanical ability do you have?
THAT will make a big difference on how much help we can be to you.

engine apart

I had the same thing with a few parts missing and rods shot. I had little trouble with the rebuild after I got all the parts in order but like you the wireing and vacuum lines got harder. What I did was found one local guy and took lots of pictures of his engine bay and worked from there. Vacuum lines are very important to these cars I found through trial and error. If you have done any restorations before you are probably not in too much trouble. I did find that the guys of SCCOA are a great help if you ask the right questions.I reviewed a lot of old posts and was able to pick out what I needed here from the links given in them. This sight has saved me countless times from really giving up on the S/C but it is running geat right now and I am looking foward to SPRING.
Good luck!!!!

Back