if you need help with the snow just call

slowpoke

we appear to have another front moving in that the focast is calling for a massive snow dump. we'll see. however i will be out in the suburban pulling people out of ditches like normal.
for those in the st charles area, save yourselves the tow bill and get ahold of me if you need pulled out of the snow. if you want my number just pop me a pm.

my suburban has a 10inch lift with 36's and a somewhat fresh motor so theres not much that can stop it. if it snows enough that i cant get around then we are in big s__t !

Stephen

btw, my normal hours that im awake is noon to 4am. being said, if its 2am and you call me, and your drunk, im going to have to laugh at you before i pull you out :)

Last edited:
so far only had 4 people needing a tow. 1 paid me to drag his car all the way to his house.

me and nick are going to head back out in a few hours once the roads start getting real bad.

I was dissapointed in how little snow we got, for all the hype that was going around about this storm. We ended up with about 2.5" sleet and maybe 4 or 5" of blowing snow.

David

Attachments

• IM003949.JPG
    IM003949.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 151
  • IM003948.JPG
    IM003948.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IM003950.JPG
    IM003950.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Got enough in Champaign area. Wife has to dig the driveway out since I am working in Des Moines now. Hard to tell total with the 40mph winds we are getting.

We got what looks like 9" of snow. I shoveled the deck so the dogs could go out and poop and ended up with a 5ft tall pile.

Blazer gets around just fine.
180727_558440660405_212401823_32571461_3420671_n.jpg

I was disappoined also that we didn't get a foot or 2 of snow here. Although we could've just dumped 3" of sand in the driveway. Thats what this sleet feels like. Our cars weren't going anywhere. The trucking company I work at, ESTES, is shut down for the 1st time. At least the ice missed us! I was really worried we were gonna lose our electricity for a while. Last ice storm I was out for 7 days. The wife's cavelier is zooming right through all of this. The T-Bird..... forget it, hasn't moved.

Last edited:
Good thing I must be in the warm part of the country we got rain.
Alan

IDK about that, we got 4-6" of snow monday-tuesday, then another 2-3" of sleet last night, its still coming down and blowing hard up in this corner of the state.

Cincinnati seemed to miss everything, I watched the radar throughout the evening and we saw little bits here and there but never much of anything. The way the wind was blowing just put snow everywhere around us.
Alan

well its still around 7f here. made it to warrenton today. they got what looks like 14-20 inches. as for here in St Charles everything is pretty much cleaned up. we got far less than expected. good thing in a way, now in the morning i might be able to get the car out for a bit.

made it to warrenton today. they got what looks like 14-20 inches.

Stephen,

That's why there was a police car in my driveway. My son-in law works for the County Sherriff's department and couldn't get back home to Warrenton when his shift ended Tuesday night because the interstate was closed, so he stayed the night at our place.

attachment.php

David

Yeah...I-70 was closed from 470 to IL. 470 is MM #16 if I remember correctly. We had a bit here, probably 6-8" with about 12" drifts. Now, I called one of my buddies who works in Jeff, and said they had drifts there about 3' or more, with the norm being close to 2' on the roadway.

SWS

Back