PDA

View Full Version : Mod #1 has been started

nickleman60
01-31-2011, 07:56 PM
I have gutted the interior and will drop it off at Ricks Car Care in a few days for the rollbar installation. Removal of the stock stereo system netted me 35 lbs, I never use it anyway so why have it.

XR7 Dave
01-31-2011, 08:01 PM
Cool! Take out those L-braces while you are at it. They are just dead weight after you have a roll bar in place.

nickleman60
01-31-2011, 08:17 PM
Cool! Take out those L-braces while you are at it. They are just dead weight after you have a roll bar in place.

Good idea, that should net a few more lbs removed. I'm also going to order new carpet with no backing so that should save a few lbs. I figure I'm going to gain about 100 lbs with the rollbar installation so any weight that I can eliminate in the process is welcome.

ricardoa1
01-31-2011, 08:19 PM
Thats a clean interior. Good luck with the cage. You are on another legue now.

Roadhawg
01-31-2011, 08:25 PM
I would remove the rubber grommets from the floor pan, in the areas near where they will be welding.

kenewagner
01-31-2011, 08:57 PM
Looking forward to watch this all come to pass. Detail it well, someday I might have to do the same thing if I become an Ultra Dog:D

Ken

nickleman60
01-31-2011, 09:37 PM
Looking forward to watch this all come to pass. Detail it well, someday I might have to do the same thing if I become an Ultra Dog:D

Ken

I'll take some pics along the way. A few of us did a group buy on the 8-point rollbar kits over on the mamn12.com site, it saved $60 per kit. We bought them from S&W race cars for $130, they're regularly $190 for mild steel. I'm also having swing out kits installed on the door bars, I'm too old and fat to climb in over a door bar..........:rolleyes:

http://www.swracecars.com/store/8-Point-Roll-Bar-OSCARItem_29=11-3068.aspx

Ken, no doubt in my mind that you'll be an "Ultra Dog", but will you be a track legal one...........;)

David Neibert
02-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Keith,

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. What are you doing for the rear bars ? Are you using straight bars that go through the rear seat cushion or the pro street style that follow the roof and rear glass contour and enter the trunk through the rear deck ?

David

95badbird
02-01-2011, 01:09 PM
the 8 point bar with floor plates is 90 lbs shipped.

You won't use all the bar material, so in essence, you will be putting back on roughly 80-85 lbs.

I have pics of install points when I installed my 8 point bar, if you are interested.

nickleman60
02-16-2011, 05:04 PM
A few parts for my fuel system upgrade have arrived. When I get the car back from the rollbar install I'll begin the installation.

RCI 10 gal. fuel cell with straps
Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump
Aeromotive 13101 FPR
Aeromotive fuel pressure gauge
Assorted -10an fittings

I still need to order the fuel lines, inline filter and a few more fittings.

kenewagner
02-16-2011, 05:21 PM
I did everything with AN fittings and all connecting hoses are SS braided. If you do that fittings and hoses are a real big expense. Make sure you have a big feed line from the pump to the fuel cell. I am happy to soon have this same project you are doing behind me but am satisfied it is needed to keep up with HP mods. You being an ULTRA DOG you need to have a big fuel system. Take some pictures along the way;)

Ken

nickleman60
02-16-2011, 07:36 PM
I did everything with AN fittings and all connecting hoses are SS braided. If you do that fittings and hoses are a real big expense. Make sure you have a big feed line from the pump to the fuel cell. I am happy to soon have this same project you are doing behind me but am satisfied it is needed to keep up with HP mods. You being an ULTRA DOG you need to have a big fuel system. Take some pictures along the way;)

Ken

Ever since I made up that ultra dog zhit for the new class names you're gonna make sure I remember it.........:D

My set up won't be as custom or clean as yours but it'll be functional for sure..........;)

I know one thing though, -10an lines are huge......:eek:

kenewagner
02-18-2011, 12:27 PM
I'll take some pics along the way. A few of us did a group buy on the 8-point rollbar kits over on the mamn12.com site, it saved $60 per kit. We bought them from S&W race cars for $130, they're regularly $190 for mild steel. I'm also having swing out kits installed on the door bars, I'm too old and fat to climb in over a door bar..........:rolleyes:

http://www.swracecars.com/store/8-Point-Roll-Bar-OSCARItem_29=11-3068.aspx

Ken, no doubt in my mind that you'll be an "Ultra Dog", but will you be a track legal one...........;)

Like David I am interested in if you are going through the rear deck. The roll bar looks to be a nice future project so I am really interested in how it turns out for you

Ken

nickleman60
02-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Like David I am interested in if you are going through the rear deck. The roll bar looks to be a nice future project so I am really interested in how it turns out for you

Ken

Ken I'm not going through the rear deck, my bars are going to go about where the seat back and bottom meet. I'm trying to do as little modification to my seat delete as possible.

nickleman60
02-23-2011, 05:49 PM
Picking the car up tomorrow from the installer, I hope it looks good and is done right and the way I asked......:rolleyes:

95badbird
02-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Picking the car up tomorrow from the installer, I hope it looks good and is done right and the way I asked......:rolleyes:

did he even measure where the side bar sits in relation to where it passes your arm? or the hoop clearance for your helmet?

nickleman60
02-24-2011, 05:45 PM
did he even measure where the side bar sits in relation to where it passes your arm? or the hoop clearance for your helmet?

Yes, when we were discussing what I wanted Rick had me sit in the seat adjusted to where I wanted it, with my helmet on and he took all the measurements he needed from that.

95badbird
02-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Yes, when we were discussing what I wanted Rick had me sit in the seat adjusted to where I wanted it, with my helmet on and he took all the measurements he needed from that.

cool!:)

have seen some shady installs over the years......