PDA

View Full Version : new(used) rims and brand new tires

slowpoke
02-01-2011, 12:34 AM
Just got the konig rims and new tires nitto 555 255/45/17's installed today. they are 3lbs lighter than my stock rims and tires, and are 1.7 inches wider and 3/4 inch shorter. i might keep the current speedo now. it was 5mph off before and the 3/4 inch shorter tire might make it dead on. wont know until the snow/ice goes away. they appear as if the front tires are fine but im a lil worried that the back tires could hit the lip on the wheel well. i might have to curl the lips for the rear.

slowpoke
02-01-2011, 12:36 AM
and my old tires are still getting some use.

can you pick out the back tires lol

TSC89
02-01-2011, 01:37 AM
Looks good and someone is having fun on that "tire" mountain.

I'm running BFG KDWS 255/50/R17's on all 4 wheels.
I haven't hit the fender lip on the rear yet but I don't carry people in the back seat either.

I am going to roll the rear fender lips before it gets new paint.

slowpoke
02-01-2011, 02:42 AM
thanks, i do have about 180-200lbs in the trunk. all stereo equipment. had to install a 1/4 spring extension spacer to compensate. it gives the appearance of being balanced but it has some added weight to the rear. not sure what a hard launch would be like. i never got the dang tires to hook up yet. always have to wait half way into 2nd gear before i punch it or i would just roast the tires. and sometimes will still roast them.