PDA

View Full Version : How's everyone doing with this storm?

BirdofPrey97
02-02-2011, 12:18 PM
I made it into work without using the 4x4. Interstate 35 was clear as could be with the wind. Hoping they would close the buildings just so I could be lazy for a day, but we opened at 10.

kenewagner
02-02-2011, 12:26 PM
I made it into work without using the 4x4. Interstate 35 was clear as could be with the wind. Hoping they would close the buildings just so I could be lazy for a day, but we opened at 10.

I shut our shop down at noon yesterday. So much ice on the roads there almost seemed like more people in ditches than on the road. Today is better but bitterly cold and windy.

Ken

BirdofPrey97
02-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Ken, need to get with you and see about helping with tubing for my 6.0L IC that I mocked up on my SC. Going to need one of your tops for sure, but I have tried mocking up the piping and it is not pretty. Now, that I am only a couple hours away hoping we could get together at some point.

Neighbor was trying to get his Aveo out of the driveway this morning without scooping it and go stuck, so he had his wife out there pushing him out. :confused: Other than that the same cars that were in the ditch on my way home last night were still sitting there this morning.

The Iowa State Patrol came out and told people if they went in the ditch last night to plan on staying in the ditch until today.

kylecoz88
02-02-2011, 12:37 PM
My usual 45 min drive home from work last night took an hour and 10 min. Karl Chevrolet closed early at 6. The roads this morning were fine for me. the drive only took 5 min longer than usual. And thats in my rusty Taurus, no 4x4.

BirdofPrey97
02-02-2011, 12:40 PM
My usual 45 min drive home from work last night took an hour and 10 min. Karl Chevrolet closed early at 6. The roads this morning were fine for me. the drive only took 5 min longer than usual. And thats in my rusty Taurus, no 4x4.

You work at the big one there in Ankeny? Drive past that on my drive from Elkhart to Johnston every day.

kenewagner
02-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Ken, need to get with you and see about helping with tubing for my 6.0L IC that I mocked up on my SC. Going to need one of your tops for sure, but I have tried mocking up the piping and it is not pretty. Now, that I am only a couple hours away hoping we could get together at some point.

Neighbor was trying to get his Aveo out of the driveway this morning without scooping it and go stuck, so he had his wife out there pushing him out. :confused: Other than that the same cars that were in the ditch on my way home last night were still sitting there this morning.

The Iowa State Patrol came out and told people if they went in the ditch last night to plan on staying in the ditch until today.

A guy in a pickup pulling a car on a trailer jacknifed on Dodge, our main st yesterday. Backed up traffic for miles. Yesterday was nasty. Now we just have to get through the cold.

Where are you now living at?

Ken

kylecoz88
02-02-2011, 12:44 PM
You work at the big one there in Ankeny? Drive past that on my drive from Elkhart to Johnston every day.

I sure do. I am a collision estimator. I write estimates to fix cars that get in accidents, and work with insurance companies to make sure they pay for repairs.

BirdofPrey97
02-02-2011, 12:46 PM
A guy in a pickup pulling a car on a trailer jacknifed on Dodge, our main st yesterday. Backed up traffic for miles. Yesterday was nasty. Now we just have to get through the cold.

Where are you now living at?

Ken

Ken,

Working on finding a house to buy in the Des Moines area. Currrently renting a place in Elkhart.

Regul8r
02-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Not as much snow here as originally thought but the wind and -20degree windchill is kicking our butt!

They shut down post from Monday at 1200 til today at 1300 then they said... NOPE! See you tomorrow at 0900.

90blkbrd
02-03-2011, 09:43 AM
No troubles what soever.

supercharged95
02-05-2011, 10:59 PM
I made it through just fine. Was up and at work before all the bad drivers made it on the road. Bonus is we have a long parking lot at work and was able to have some E-brake fun with my dd while security watched :cool: