Blower Rebuilds?

thrilz

Anyone have a recommendation on someplace for blower rebuilds?

I have an 89 SC that the blower snout has been rattling on for years.

I also seem to remember it used oil too fast when I was last driving it regularly.

I want to start taking the car out more and these have always worried me. I normally do everything myself but lack a hydraulic press.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Thanks for the reply.

I am in Northern Virginia.

I like all the different options they list on their website.

Is there a way for me to determine which of the services I might need?

I am only looking to keep the car in good shape as a daily driver. I am not looking to build up the engine at this time.

Last edited:
You could take the snout off and see if the coupler is worn out. Its pretty straight forward to pull the snout.

We could prolly get a couple people together and tear it apart. What city you in? Its only basically Joe(JNT) and I in NOVA. Then there is Ralph out in bull run.

If you want you can register over on MAMN12.com that is our local board.

Thanks again,

I put in an application at mamn12.

I am in Bluemont, just west of Purcellville, west of Leesburg. We like it in the country.

Apparently I need to get the ABS pump motor rebuilt also. I am getting 11+ volts from each of the two hot wires leading to the pump as well as ground through the two grounds on the plug.

Has anyone had success with a local rebuild shop for those?

Like Chris said it sounds like you need a coupler for the "rattling" and a snout seal for the leaking/losing supercharger fluid. You can buy a kit on ebay for fairly cheap.This one comes with bearings also but I don't think you need them. Other than the kit you just need to remove the supercharger, remove the pulley and unbolt the snout. Install new parts + fluid and put back together.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Eato...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies and help.

I had a head go on my honda civic so I have been tied up working on it every chance I had.

Now that it is back on the road I am going to dig into the SC again.

If it comes with bearings and I can change them it seems logical to me to do it while I have it apart. Any reason why I would not want to?

Last edited:
Back