2012 MN12 Calendar

TSC89

SCCoA Member
If I do a 2012 MN12 calendar which size would you prefer if the price was within a couple of dollars?

11" x 17" when unfolded like the one done for 2011?

17" x 22" when unfolded?

Last edited:
I think the bigger one would be great, but increased cost and maybe increased shipping could be an issue for some. I'll be fine with whatever version is selected.

I just want to know your opinions on the dimensions of the calendar.
I will work on the formatting later.

I'm a fan of the current size. Makes lower resolution photos look better. Less garbage to worry about.

Since you're working on the 2012 calendar does this mean you have a source lined up to start producing aftermarket SC heads for us?

i would personally like a larger calender and i think an engine bay or other pics off to the side of what ever that car owner would like to show would be a great idea. for those that dont have the best of a cam you could use the current pic size and allow for a few smaller side pics.

and for those that dont believe there engine bay is worth showing, well think of it this way. i dont have the nicest looking engine bay, infact at best i would say mine is average. but im dang proud of it. its what i did and it hasnt blown up in my face. so ya, i show it off with pride even knowing the guy next to me has even more money into his.

and even if everything under your hood is horrible looking you might even have that 1 mod that someone else didnt think about or couldnt figure out. its your work, its your pride, no matter what others think of it be proud of it imo.

Example

OK, since there seems to be a lot of interest in the format including more pictures I worked with the program I have for the 11 X 17 version of the calendar over the weekend.

Here are some examples of what I could do. The main picture will be smaller though and there is nothing that can be done to change that.

I can combine the formatting also meaning one calendar page could have a single, large picture like this year and the next calendar page could have a group of pictures like in the attachments.

Please excuse the roughness of the pictures as I could not save the picture from the calendar program so I had to do a screen shot save.

Attachments

• 4 pic prototype 1.jpg
    4 pic prototype 1.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 4 pic prototype 2.jpg
    4 pic prototype 2.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 4 pic prototype 3.jpg
    4 pic prototype 3.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
I like style 3 the best. I feel our cars are too modest for the first one. My worry with the second is that the lack of borders between the picture would lead to some sort of a patchwork effect where in places the pictures bleed into eachother from similar colors/textures.

Jim that is GREAT!
#3 I like best as well.
Your option of 1 big pic or the smaller main and 3 others is cool too!
that could open a world of cool photos from people.

Main of the car nice, clean, prettied up with a background.
Smaller ones of different things

burn out with smoke pouring out the back
nose diving into a corner on a road course
wheels up out of the hole at the strip
shot of a well maintained undercarriage while on a lift
engine bay shots
interior shots
audio equipment shots
tail pipe/rear fascia mod shots
different angles
pics with trophies
night shots with lights/neons/leds or other lighting type photo wizardry
highlighted close up of something cool done to your car (ie. Mell's etched rear glass)

That option really opens the possibilities!

Are we still doing the SuperCoupe on cinder blocks edition? Or did that idea get squashed?

Hey Jim, I also like the idea for a larger size calender. Not a big fan of format #3 but it seems like I'm out voted for the moment. But, the inset pics is a great idea. Ray.

Back