PDA

View Full Version : Need volunteers!!!

XxSlowpokexX
02-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Hey all. I need some volunteers. Work has been killing me and Im just worn out...So I need a kick in the butt and some help!

I will be taking care of Trophies, tshirts, gokarts and general organization.

Can anyone help out with some other areas? (Ideas welcome)

HOTEL

Ken Seegers....Look into blocking out 50 rooms at hotel carlisle an da discount for the club if you can

Cruise

Does someone want to take the lead on this. I want to setup a cruise. How about either Saturday morning to the fairgrounds or comming back from the fairgrounds? Idea are welcome..Who wants to take hold of this?

Drag Race/Autocross

There is onsite autocrossing and 1/8th mile drag racing on friday night. ANyone interested in looking into this and giving us some options to go? Im not going to do eithe rbut some may like that

Saturday night dinner

Miller??? Oneil???? Cleatus?? Olive Garden..We know the deal. Last year went well at the later time. WHo will take the lead? Let me know!

BBQ?????

Why dont we setup some BBQ at our tent for lunch. Maybe Hot dogs and Hamburgers??? We can all chip in or someone cn take the lead and ???? Someone can always cook and sell for a reasonable cost.You know minimal profit! Ideas???? Drinks are definitely a good idea. Even if we sell soda or water at cost or a bit above.....Save a heck of allot of money over the buying at vendors

Raffle

The raffle was a success last year thanks to the vendors and membors that donated goods to the cause. The raffle of course is FREE for those vote..You know vote for the trophies! Now I ned someone who can contact sponsors about donating goods or items to raffle off to club members. In return those that donate will get some free advertisement.

Is there anyone that would like to contact people? It can be vendors here or elswhere. If you have contacts with other companies that can supply products we can use that be great.

Anyone???

Anything I forget? Again sorry my mind is in a million different places this year.

lube70
02-08-2011, 06:45 PM
I can help with Olive Garden again. Always a great time and it can usually house us all.

Regarding the hotel, I have told myself that I WILL NOT stay at the Hotel Carlisle this year. The new owner gave me a hard time last year and I had bugs in my bed and in my room. Told me to leave and then called the state police to have me removed. ONly after telling the cops over the phone what happened did they recind the call and i was told to stay since there was no where else to go.

Got a better room with no BUGS@@!!!!

Anyway, check out the Hampton Inn in Carlisle. They have a big lot, partied there with the truck club and great rooms, indoor pool and lots of amenities.

I will check into it if you want....Damon give me a call if this seems cool.

Don

rjgraul
02-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Damon,
I will donate some prizes again this year.

Ralph

XxSlowpokexX
02-09-2011, 03:00 AM
I can help with Olive Garden again. Always a great time and it can usually house us all.

Regarding the hotel, I have told myself that I WILL NOT stay at the Hotel Carlisle this year. The new owner gave me a hard time last year and I had bugs in my bed and in my room. Told me to leave and then called the state police to have me removed. ONly after telling the cops over the phone what happened did they recind the call and i was told to stay since there was no where else to go.

Got a better room with no BUGS@@!!!!

Anyway, check out the Hampton Inn in Carlisle. They have a big lot, partied there with the truck club and great rooms, indoor pool and lots of amenities.

I will check into it if you want....Damon give me a call if this seems cool.

Don

Im heading out to seattle washington for work tomorrow....Ill try to call you by the weekend as Im super busy at work and travelling like a madman. If you cna look into it that be great as we are running short on time and I want to make a choice by this weekend.

Thanks!

ANd Ralph..YOU DA BEST!!!

J dot Miller
02-13-2011, 06:16 PM
I think I will fry up some chocolate covered bugs this year and sell them to the Stang boys as a Club fundraiser! :eek:

lube70
02-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Have a call out to Jackie Rhodes at Hampton Inn to see about a group for about 25 rooms for the Ford Nationals. Her number is 717 610 9052.

She is calling me back regarding the rate so that we can make a decision. If possible, give me a call at 973-277-4294

Need to go over price limits and such for this.

Don

Crash00527
02-24-2011, 01:48 AM
Don,
Lol. love your comment regarding hotel cock roach lol
I posted in the hotel thread about not going there based on pictures and everyones comments last year.

Damon,

I'd like to pitch in for something. I'll read over the post tomorrow and get some gears turning in my head.

Wardboy
02-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Damon,
I'll gladly take care of the cruise. Think I have a pretty good route in mind. Would probably work out better on the way home instead of going it. I'll also work on getting some more stuff for the raffle.

DW

XxSlowpokexX
02-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Dave that would be great. If you can call various vendors and see what they will come up with. Last year ralph came through big time with amsoil products and victor at spinning wheels literally gave me a box full of great stuff. Both Ralph and Victor are in again this year. See if you can poke around elswhere. As far as where to send the stuff..Either to you or I. Thsi would be a HUGE help as Im slightly overwhelmed by life in general at the moment!

J dot Miller
02-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Ha ha... Since it seems we are not staying in the Roach Motel, I guess I will need to find something else to do. So PM me, if I can assist with something else. :)

Wardboy
02-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Dave that would be great. If you can call various vendors and see what they will come up with. Last year ralph came through big time with amsoil products and victor at spinning wheels literally gave me a box full of great stuff. Both Ralph and Victor are in again this year. See if you can poke around elswhere. As far as where to send the stuff..Either to you or I. Thsi would be a HUGE help as Im slightly overwhelmed by life in general at the moment!

No problem. Already secured numerous things from the Advance Auto that my friend manages.

DW