Brake line fitting sizes

Dirtyd0g

I have been working on making replacement steel, alloy and even stainless lines for these cars. I know there are some thread changes through the generations however I am not sure what they are. I would like to compile an entire list of the cars fittings and their sizes. Any inptu would be greatly appreciated and hopefully keep a few more of these cars safely on the road a little longer.
I have checked 94,95, and 96 cars. So far I have found the rear line sizes on those cars is as follows.
Rear line driver side, connects at driver side fenderwell on abs and non abs cars. The front of this line is 14mmx1.0 thread with a single flare.
The rear of this line is 10mmx1.0 single flare. Both ends of the passenger side line are 10mmx1.0 thread.
My next project will be the passenger front line, it appears to be the same as the passenger rear but I am not positive about that until I replace the fittings.
Alan

I need to find some day, probably this next weekend where I will go outside when it is light out and figure out what line it was I replaced, and then give you sizes.

On my 90 I had a line made that was: 23" long of 3/16 tubing with one end having a 12mm x 1.0 Bubble Flare and the other end having a 10mm x 1.0 bubble flare.

One end went into the master cylinder, the other to somewhere. Can't recall so I need to take a look under the hood.

Thanks for the reply, that is the same size as the late model cars, so maybe the rumor of the threads changing was wrong. I thought about going and buying a set of hoses for a 89 to check the threads on them.
Alan

Thanks for the reply, that is the same size as the late model cars, so maybe the rumor of the threads changing was wrong. I thought about going and buying a set of hoses for a 89 to check the threads on them.
Alan

Well - I pulled a line from a 1989 Cougar XR7 with the Teves Mk II, and the proportioning valve was standard flare (or double flare), not bubble flare compatible.

Which said prop valve is still in my house.

I ended up reflaring the darn line ANYWAY.

Oh, and the Teves end was M12-1.0 whereas my 1991 had a M10-1.0 on the Teves end (not the prop. valve end).

RwP

Alan
Sorry, I just realized you were talking about the rear lines. Anyway, I already typed the response below about the front brake lines.

Depends on the location of the threads you are talking about. When I upgraded to 13" rotors, I bought a kit from KVR. I told them that I needed the kit for a 92 and I would be swapping to later spindles. The brake lines they sent would not thread onto the car's hard lines. When I called KVR to figure out what the problem was, we figured out that they sent me the 93 lines by mistake and there was indeed a difference in the threaded connection.

I want to make a list of the entire car. I have been doing custom brake lines and there are a buttload of fittings, some that you use many of. If I need to do a car I need to know what fittings to have. I got a "assortment" however it has 4-6 of the most common sizes. Not a problem if doing 1-2 lines, not enough for doing the entire car.
Alan

Back