PDA

View Full Version : SC skinned Torino

seawalkersee
02-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Carl, this is just a guide for you to follow since it is your dream. It is a GOOD idea...
http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/mod-custom-forum/578655-68-mustang-mark-viii-4-6-dohc-irs-air-suspension.html

Now, that being said, I am not a football or "black eyed peas" fan. Both are on now and it sounds SOOOOOOO bad, I would rather listen to my screaming 1 year old than that crap.

Rant over, you are welcome.

SWS

Regul8r
02-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Thanks.
That is cool!
Alot of work there.

My idea is to take an SC and then body work massage 72 Gran Torino sheet metal on it.
I will get there one day!

seawalkersee
02-07-2011, 12:27 AM
I dunno man, I think grafting the front and rear SFs is WAY easy compatred to trying to match even 1 fender....also, how do you plan on doing the rear?

SWS

Regul8r
02-07-2011, 10:29 AM
The thought process is leave the windshield, rear window, side windows and door frames.
Will be making shins that fit the MN12 platform from 72 Gran Torino skin.
The rear is probably easier looking at it than the front!
Cut the entire rear off the bird just leaving the trunk floor pan. Then slip a rear from the torino on to it. Mating it around the rear window.
Both are VERY close is size and form.

This will all wait til 2013. I will be retired, moved to Daytona Beach area of Florida going into business with a buddy from my Torino site who lives in florida. He is a custom body builder, restorer and painter.

BUT we are looking at the possibility of just pinning the IRS under the Torino for the car I am running now! Already took pics, measurements AND slipped a complete set up under the torino before I pulled the body from the frame... REAL CLOSE!!! some brackets made for the mounts and it will bolt right in. ONLY issue doing it is the Upper Spring Perches. MIGHT still be doing this!

seawalkersee
02-08-2011, 10:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nwautocreations#p/u/17/htcloaqRIHY

You need to see this build. I THINK this is exactly what you are plannig to do. There are 18 vids of what they did to put the skin from the 70 onto the rolling 06. All in all its pretty cool, I just don't have the time or space to throw down this way.

SWS

Regul8r
02-08-2011, 03:33 PM
VERY COOL STORY!!!

Pretty close to what I am thinking.

They are going to have more issues than me with the interior as they have to adapt 70 interior forms to 06 stuff in areas.

Mine will be complete Thunderbird Interior, doors, dash, roof, windshield, rear window.

The work will be grafting the sheet metal in the sam eway they had to in order to line up wheel wells and hoo/trunk/grill/bumper widths.