PDA

View Full Version : 9th Annual Oh. Valley Picnic!

JJP90SC
02-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Dan & Peg,

Have y'all given any thought to the date for this years
Picnic?

I know it's early, but it's vacation sign-up time at the Post Office, so just curious!

We couldn't make it last year, but definitely plan on being there this year.:D

Thanks!
Jeff & Nancy Parker
Columbus, Ohio

XR7 Dave
02-09-2011, 08:34 AM
Jeff, we haven't picked a date yet but it may end up being toward the end of the month rather than the beginning. Dan and Peg are taking a break from hosting the event this year so we are bringing it back to Ohio. :) We plan to be away for the first part of July so I was looking at the 30th as a distinct possibility right now.

rzimmerl
02-09-2011, 10:13 AM
The end of the July would be better for me also, we will be gone the first 2 weekends.

neverfastenough
02-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Should work better for me also, I have a ton of work to do on my car.

JJP90SC
02-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Jeff, we haven't picked a date yet but it may end up being toward the end of the month rather than the beginning. Dan and Peg are taking a break from hosting the event this year so we are bringing it back to Ohio. :) We plan to be away for the first part of July so I was looking at the 30th as a distinct possibility right now.

Dave,
sounds good to me. We're usually pretty slow at work in July anyway so it shouldn't be a problem taking the time off. Thanks for the fast reply!
Jeff

BlckWingdBird95
02-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Any Idea where it will likely be in Ohio?

mellbutler
02-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Glad it will be closer this year, last year's drive was a doozy with the kids and barley working a/c!

JJP90SC
02-13-2011, 10:26 PM
Glad it will be closer this year, last year's drive was a doozy with the kids and barley working a/c!

Mel, don't get too excited!:eek:
I'm assuming, since David & Connie Dalke are hosting the picnic this year,
that it will be in the Madison, Ohio area!!:D
And Madison, Ohio is, per Mapquest, only 15 miles & 11 minutes
closer than New Castle, PA! That is from my home on the east side
of Columbus, so it should be about the same for your trip.
Sorry to burst your bubble.:(
Hopefully your A/C has been fixed?!:)

Jeff

mellbutler
02-14-2011, 12:19 AM
I know it's not much but less is closer...at least is sounds closer ohio vs. pa;)

fast Ed
02-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Mel, don't get too excited!:eek:
I'm assuming, since David & Connie Dalke are hosting the picnic this year,
that it will be in the Madison, Ohio area!!:D
And Madison, Ohio is, per Mapquest, only 15 miles & 11 minutes
closer than New Castle, PA! That is from my home on the east side
of Columbus, so it should be about the same for your trip.
Sorry to burst your bubble.:(
Hopefully your A/C has been fixed?!:)

Jeff

Are you looking at the correct New Castle? There are 3 in PA ... and I seem to remember it being farther than 11 minutes drive from the Dalke's place to the McEwan's.

cheers
Ed N.

neverfastenough
02-14-2011, 10:33 PM
it should take dave at least an hour and a half to get to dans

JJP90SC
02-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Are you looking at the correct New Castle? There are 3 in PA ... and I seem to remember it being farther than 11 minutes drive from the Dalke's place to the McEwan's.

cheers
Ed N.

That's not what it says!
It says that Madison, Ohio is 15 miles or 11 minutes closer to
COLUMBUS, OHIO than New Castle, PA!!
Hope that clears up any confusion for ya.
cheers
Jeff

neverfastenough
02-14-2011, 10:56 PM
nevermind....

fast Ed
02-15-2011, 02:33 PM
That's not what it says!
It says that Madison, Ohio is 15 miles or 11 minutes closer to
COLUMBUS, OHIO than New Castle, PA!!
Hope that clears up any confusion for ya.
cheers
Jeff

Ah OK ... the way that you cut your sentences in half and continue them on the next line was confusing me. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :p

cheers
Ed N.

JJP90SC
02-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Ah OK ... the way that you cut your sentences in half and continue them on the next line was confusing me. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :p

cheers
Ed N.

:confused:Now I'm confused!:confused:

XR7 Dave
02-15-2011, 09:02 PM
We haven't selected a location yet, but I was thinking about having an "open house" at the shop. We have indoor space in case of bad weather, and we have lots of open space too assuming it's going to be nice. We also have some lake front parks with picnic areas etc.

The other option we are considering is going a little bit south to help out you long distance travelers. Not too far though, maybe Cleveland area. :p

BLOWN38
02-15-2011, 11:45 PM
We haven't selected a location yet, but I was thinking about having an "open house" at the shop. We have indoor space in case of bad weather, and we have lots of open space too assuming it's going to be nice. We also have some lake front parks with picnic areas etc

That sounds good.

1HUMINBIRD
02-16-2011, 01:59 AM
There is an All Ford Show at Summit Racing Equipment on July 10 as well. If we had a our get together that weekend, we could do the thing at Summit as well.

Just a thought...

Kurt K
02-16-2011, 09:07 AM
There is an All Ford Show at Summit Racing Equipment on July 10 as well. If we had a our get together that weekend, we could do the thing at Summit as well.

Just a thought...hmm, if I'm allowed to leave that soon after the baby is born, I might have to break out the anniversary for that.

1HUMINBIRD
02-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Ouch! Your Anni would likely trump my '89! On second thought, Kurt, I think the All Ford Weekend at Summit is July 23rd or something! (lol) Just kidding of course as I'd love to see your Anni...

XR7 Dave
02-16-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm not sure if we'll be here that weekend. I'm leaning more towards an end of the month date.

Kurt K
02-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Ouch! Your Anni would likely trump my '89! On second thought, Kurt, I think the All Ford Weekend at Summit is July 23rd or something! (lol) Just kidding of course as I'd love to see your Anni...Not sure about trumping by my Anni, but it would be cool to see them side-by-side. Even if Dave doesn't plan for the weekend of the Summit event, I still may consider bringing my Anni to the Ohio Valley meet. Of course that all depends on if I'm allowed to go.

1HUMINBIRD
02-16-2011, 11:55 AM
It would be cool having them at the show, together.
Dave is indicating that likely not that weekend anyway... oh, well. Just a thought.

BLOWN38
05-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Any update on this? :)

super red91
05-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Any update on this? :)

I would like to know also

BLOWN38
06-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Heeelllllooooooowwwww out there in OOOOO HIIIIIIIII OOOOO!:D

mellbutler
06-12-2011, 05:28 PM
yeah what's the plan?

olderthandirt
06-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Planning to go to the Summit Racing Ford event on July10?I would like to see a few of our cars there. My 89 is not a show car but I intend to go just to let people see one. I have been to a few cruises where some don't even know what they are.

neverfastenough
06-18-2011, 10:42 PM
I may be there, i go to school in akron.

mellbutler
06-19-2011, 10:02 PM
might be do-able for us

JJP90SC
07-08-2011, 10:50 PM
David, any update on the picnic?
It's getting close to the end of July.

Also, would you folks throw me out if
I show up in the new '85 TurboCoupe?:cool:

Let's get this set up, and I'll work on getting
the time off.

Thanks!
Jeff Parker

BLOWN38
07-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Yeah come on Dave, lets get an announcement.

XR7 Dave
07-09-2011, 08:34 AM
I'm trying to put something together for the weekend of the 30th. It would be at my shop in Madison, Ohio. I have a lot of things on my plate so I'm not sure if I can pull this one off. I will make a commitment one way or the other by the end of this weekend.

Rob
07-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Anything I can do to help you pull it off? Let me know

XR7 Dave
07-18-2011, 10:04 PM
This year the picnic is going to consist of an open house/informal get together at my shop. We will have grilled burgers and dogs for everyone Saturday afternoon, July 30th.

Address is 5510 Middle Ridge Rd, Madison, OH. Look for the pop up tents and plethora of SC's / XR7's. We'll be there at 10am but cooking will begin at 1pm for those bringing an appetite. There's lots of room for parking on the grass and if you're interested you'll have a chance to check out what top secret stuff I've been working on. Ok, well not so top secret but anyway.

Picnic style dishes and desserts are welcome if you want to contribute, but we'll have the basics covered. What we need most from you all is a head count so we can make sure we have enough grub. Families/kids/wives/girlfriends etc. welcome!

If anyone needs to stay overnight I'll make some calls to see what is available/recommended hotel wise.

XR7 Dave
07-18-2011, 10:07 PM
Anything I can do to help you pull it off? Let me know

Looks like we have a chef - Yea Brian! This is an informal gathering, so if you have an idea or something you'd like to do, just say the word, or email me if you prefer. If people are going to bring stuff, we need to make sure we coordinate it.

neverfastenough
07-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Count me in, I may even have a supercoupe there. Well it was a supercoupe:rolleyes:. I may have a mn12 there:D

BLOWN38
07-18-2011, 10:31 PM
I plan to be in the area, guess I can stop by.:rolleyes: I'll let you know soon if anyone else will be with me.:cool: I won't have a MN12 tho. If you get my 4.0 whipple kit done I can take delivery then too.:D

fast Ed
07-19-2011, 12:06 AM
I'll bring the Shreddies, and ketchup chips for Connie. :D

Seriously, I don't think that I have anything else on that weekend, I may make the trek down. Would be nice to hang with you folks again.

cheers
Ed N.

rzimmerl
07-19-2011, 07:03 AM
Have fun, I will not be able to make it that weekend.

SCrazy
07-19-2011, 07:58 AM
Steven and I will be there

JeepsterSC
07-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Thats the weekend of the Brickyard 400. I'll be parking cars at my Dad's place all weekend. Otherwise I'd love to attend. Mel and I had a blast at Dan's last year

mellbutler
07-19-2011, 09:03 PM
well you can't come but I can!!!! Actually might work out perfect because we need to drop off my mom's sc or tranny to Dave, depends on if they have time to pull it. My father will hopefully also come with me.

so mark me down for 2:)

neverfastenough
07-20-2011, 12:12 AM
Talked to our old bud doug d. He said hed be there.

super red91
07-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Talked to our old bud doug d. He said hed be there.

Awesome.

Count me for one

Rob
07-20-2011, 06:40 PM
My wife and I will be there. I'll bring some non alcholic drinks

Macros
07-22-2011, 02:31 PM
We will be headed up too!

JJP90SC
07-22-2011, 07:54 PM
We will be headed up too!

Sam, you sure that long trip won't be too much for you?!:D

BLOWN38
07-24-2011, 11:09 PM
2 adults and a 3 year old.

XR7 Dave
07-25-2011, 08:30 AM
Ok, trying to get a head count here:

David - 4 1/2
Brian - 2
Dan - 1
Cory - 1
Ed - 1
Melissa - 2
Doug - 1
Ryan - 1
Rob - 2
Sam - 2 ?
Chris - 2

neverfastenough
07-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Ok, trying to get a head count here:

David - 4 1/2
Brian - 2
Dan - 1
Cory - 1
Ed - 1
Melissa - 2
Doug - 1
Ryan - 1
Rob - 2
Sam - 2 ?
Chris - 2

my lady will be tagging along, 2 fo me

89 XR7
07-26-2011, 01:14 AM
Looks like I'm headed out on a road trip this saturday.

I've been meaning to get out to see you since my e-mail, had chit come up every time I thought I'd be able to break away.

Now I get to meet a bunch of like minded gear heads all at the same time!

Dave

mellbutler
07-26-2011, 09:12 AM
Looks like I'm headed out on a road trip this saturday.

I've been meaning to get out to see you since my e-mail, had chit come up every time I thought I'd be able to break away.

Now I get to meet a bunch of like minded gear heads all at the same time!

Dave

where are you coming from?

Dave Dalke-hey looks like I will be coming by myself, can't get anyone else to come with and Matt's working the brickyard race at the speedway...so alone I come...well hopefully...been sick on and on..possible gallblader issues...kind of hard to drive if I can't keep my cookies down, so hopefully I will be able to come. I'm looking forward to a nice drive in the sc enjoying some music alone.

Mel

89 XR7
07-27-2011, 12:08 AM
where are you coming from?l

I'm only an hour away in Berea Ohio (home of the Browns), but for me this is a road trip as I usually only burn a tank a month, lol.

Dave

fast Ed
07-28-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm out, too much to do around here this weekend, including trying to make some progress on my Mustang project so that I can hit the track with it a few times before the end of the season.

See everyone at the Shootout possibly ... Connie will have to wait for her ketchup chips.

cheers
Ed N.

XR7 Dave
07-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Sorry to hear that Ed, hope to see you at the Shootout!

XR7 Dave
07-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Folks, here is the basic agenda:

People are free to arrive any time starting about noon, we'll begin cooking at 1pm and keep the food warm until about 2:30pm.

The address is 5510 Middle Ridge Rd, Madison, OH 44057. Look for all the SC's on the north side of the road where the tents will be set up. Parking is on the grass, watch for a few possible wet spots but it's basically firm ground.

My shop across the street will be open for restroom services and shelter etc.

Kevin's dyno shop will be open for dyno pulls if you want in the afternoon - $25 for two pulls. His shop is about 1/2 hr east of here though so if you want to do that you'll need to make the extra drive.

The weather looks good - supposed to be 85 deg and sunny so bring your sunscreen. We'll have burgers/hotdogs/soda's/and basic stuff to go with it. If anyone wants to bring something, desserts are welcome as are coolers to put soda's and ice in.

See you there!

mellbutler
07-31-2011, 03:31 PM
Hey guys, had a great time...wanted to stay to see the dynos but that's how it goes.

Well was unable to find an avil hotel room so ended up driving and hoping for a rest area..it was closed...wasn't able to rest untill south of town on i-71. Managed a few hrs sleep in the car and headed for home. Managed to arrive home at 6am.

here's the pics....

mellbutler
07-31-2011, 03:36 PM
here they are

mellbutler
07-31-2011, 03:52 PM
more pics...

mellbutler
07-31-2011, 04:00 PM
more, more pics

mellbutler
07-31-2011, 04:16 PM
ok last ones

neverfastenough
07-31-2011, 04:43 PM
Mel, pics came out great, thanks so much. Did you have to compress them to attach them on sccoa, if so, can you email me the full size ones.

mellbutler
07-31-2011, 06:21 PM
yeah...pm me your email

Rob
07-31-2011, 08:46 PM
Hey Dave thats for hosting the party, had a great time, the trailer made the trip just fine, had alot of looks, the only hotel that had a room wanted 200, so we drove the 400 miles back home, it gives me more incentive to finish my car, for the next show, alot of great cars and people there, hope to see everyone soon.
Thanks, Rob

mellbutler
07-31-2011, 08:48 PM
Rob- you need to make it to the shootout and drag Randall along!

Dave and Connie-Thanks for hosting a fun time once again!!!

BLOWN38
07-31-2011, 08:50 PM
Good seeing everyone again. And meeting new ones.

Cory the car looks great! Sorry I didn't get any of your dyno runs recorded. Guess I was too tired to figure out how to work the camera.:o

Mel, was gonna ask you if you found a hotel with a 4 hour headstart on us looking for one. We looked at the next town south and nothing there. Then drove an hour south to canfield nothing there, then we finally found one down at the turnpike. Finally went to bed at 1am.

Thanks Brian, for cookin up lunch again. It was excellent as usual. Hope the tuning went well for you.

Thanks Dave for hosting the event, gave me a chance to check out SC drivetrain heaven.

Got a chance to stop by and check out summit racing also.

mellbutler
07-31-2011, 09:05 PM
Good seeing everyone again. And meeting new ones.

Cory the car looks great! Sorry I didn't get any of your dyno runs recorded. Guess I was too tired to figure out how to work the camera.:o

Mel, was gonna ask you if you found a hotel with a 4 hour headstart on us looking for one. We looked at the next town south and nothing there. Then drove an hour south to canfield nothing there, then we finally found one down at the turnpike. Finally went to bed at 1am.

Thanks Brian, for cookin up lunch again. It was excellent as usual. Hope the tuning went well for you.

Thanks Dave for hosting the event, gave me a chance to check out SC drivetrain heaven.

Got a chance to stop by and check out summit racing also.

Yeah I was going to stay the night and also visit summit but didn't want to spend and arm and a leg for a hotel just for me. I was driving and thinking how great one of those japanese pod hotels would have been so wounderful. You know they kind you just crawl into...It would have been heaven...but had to settle on the back seat of the sc.

XR7 Dave
07-31-2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks everyone for making the get together a success! It's always good to spend time with a bunch of hard core SC guys. Thanks to everyone who took the time to come out, it means a lot to me.

Thanks for providing and manning the grill Brian, I trust the tuning results made the trip and chef duties worthwhile.

Melissa is probably a little more hardcore than the rest of us! Driving all the way from Indy and back without an overnight stop qualifies for a special award. Great pictures too!

Again, it was good to see all you guys/gals again. Next stop - Shootout baby!

rzimmerl
08-01-2011, 08:23 AM
Looks like it was a great time, hope to make the meet next year. Any info on the dyno trip?

Rob
08-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Rob- you need to make it to the shootout and drag Randall along!

Dave and Connie-Thanks for hosting a fun time once again!!!

I've been working on him, it might help if I actually finish my car, trying to get him to go to the Joel Bender show
Rob

SCrazy
08-02-2011, 09:02 AM
I had a great time this weekend, it was good to see everybody. Thanks to Dave and Connie for hosting.

Got my car tuned up on Sunday and it's running better now than it has in years....I've got the itch to get to the track now.

Sunday's drive home was uneventful until we were 10 minutes from home and then sat in 90 minutes of construction traffic....aaaarrrrgggggg!!!!! After 8+ hours in the car I was NOT a happy camper.

89 XR7
08-03-2011, 01:18 AM
I just wanted to say thanks to all of those that participated. It was nice to meet some fellow SC/XR7 owners and exchange information and goodwill.

A shout out of “Atta boy” to Dave and all of those that helped set up, cook, and break er down afterward.

Just hearing the engine wind up at the dyno was worth the $25, it’s one thing to heard it while behind the wheel, but much more exhilarating to hear it close up with the hood open.