track results after street tune

fasterthanyou

Hey guys, I went to the track tonight, got an average couple of passes.

I'm not sure if the results match up with the parts installed but it felt good the entire pass. maybe felt a little sluggish in 3rd gear passing thru the traps(auto)

60'.......2.005
330'.....5.672
1/8......8.718
MPH.....80.34
E.T......13.616
MPH.....100.09

mods, forged rotating assy 8.4:1.. stg.3 sc heads. chevy springs. .550 lift 214/214 cam 114 sep.. ported 94/95 manifolds, no cats, M.E.S. 2.5" exhaust. ported 94 m90 with MP plenum. 75mm TB. lightning maf. lightweight front wheels, nitto drag radials on the rear. shifting at 5000rpm on every shift. racing weight is around 3650lbs. one wheel peel during launch, so I had to launch very softly. footbraking to 1200rpm then progressively going to the floor during launch.

I think my intake temps are screwing things up. once I get to 144* it pulls 4 degrees of timing, 150* it pulls 6 degrees. anything above it pulls 10 degrees. I set the IAC table to start pulling timing above 150, and once it gets to 150 it only pulls 3 degrees. I noticed that my car stops pulling as hard after the 1/8th mile. the whole run the timing was 21 degrees, then once intake temps hit 150 it went down to 18 degrees. it didn't hit 150 degrees til the 1000' mark though. AFR is 11.6-11.8 the whole run.

Just thinking out loud I guess. I'll be installing 4.10 gears along with a new posi, that should help with my launch issues and get me outta the hole quicker. I'm guessing 5 tenths should be expected with gears and posi. current gears are 3.27's.

Hey guys, I went to the track tonight, got an average couple of passes.

I'm not sure if the results match up with the parts installed but it felt good the entire pass. maybe felt a little sluggish in 3rd gear passing thru the traps(auto)

60'.......2.005
330'.....5.672
1/8......8.718
MPH.....80.34
E.T......13.616
MPH.....100.09

mods, forged rotating assy 8.4:1.. stg.3 sc heads. chevy springs. .550 lift 214/214 cam 114 sep.. ported 94/95 manifolds, no cats, M.E.S. 2.5" exhaust. ported 94 m90 with MP plenum. 75mm TB. lightning maf. lightweight front wheels, nitto drag radials on the rear. shifting at 5000rpm on every shift. racing weight is around 3650lbs. one wheel peel during launch, so I had to launch very softly. footbraking to 1200rpm then progressively going to the floor during launch.

I think my intake temps are screwing things up. once I get to 144* it pulls 4 degrees of timing, 150* it pulls 6 degrees. anything above it pulls 10 degrees. I set the IAC table to start pulling timing above 150, and once it gets to 150 it only pulls 3 degrees. I noticed that my car stops pulling as hard after the 1/8th mile. the whole run the timing was 21 degrees, then once intake temps hit 150 it went down to 18 degrees. it didn't hit 150 degrees til the 1000' mark though. AFR is 11.6-11.8 the whole run.

Just thinking out loud I guess. I'll be installing 4.10 gears along with a new posi, that should help with my launch issues and get me outta the hole quicker. I'm guessing 5 tenths should be expected with gears and posi. current gears are 3.27's.

A meth injection system would probably help alot

David

Last edited:
If you still have a knock sensor, add timing until you hit it. It probably wants more timing. With your boost level and with only 145 deg ACT I wouldn't bother with intercooler stuff right now. Definitely do a front mount when the time comes that you need it.

If you still have a knock sensor, add timing until you hit it. It probably wants more timing. With your boost level and with only 145 deg ACT I wouldn't bother with intercooler stuff right now. Definitely do a front mount when the time comes that you need it.
cool, wasn't sure if 20+ degrees was safe with such high intake temps. ill give it another try this friday, or next wednesdays test and tune.

Increase the stall not the gear. I really don't care for 4.10's on these cars (except 4.6's). The gear is good to load it, the stall will make it 60. Definately need a trac-lok.
Alan

Does your knock sensor work? If it does then use it. They are sensitive in these cars.

knock sensor broke a long time ago. never bothered to get a new one. I'll do that when I get the motor/tranny back up and running. My transmission broke friday afternoon. the guy that built my trans said its probably the intermediate shaft that broke. I have 1st and 2nd gear, but not 3rd or 4th. lots of rattles and knocks coming from the trans. it sucks because that was an expensive tranny to build. (4r70w). hopefully the damage isn't too bad because it had a lot of machine work done. anyways, I'll be pulling my motor and tranny this week for a rebuild on both. I'm going to re-ring and install new bearings on the motor, i'll be putting a new, larger, camshaft in as well.

as far as lightening the car, I haven't done much. gutted interior. removed spare and jack. removed arc and replaced with regular shocks. removed the front metal bumper, cut the 'skeletons' out of the hood and truck. removed entire a/c, including evaportator case and blower motor. 96/97 front rims. 15x6.5" with cheap tires. I haven't weighed them on a scale but they feel considerably lighter than SC rims/tires. and about 1/3 tank of gas when weighed.

Back