i need help in san diego/chula vista area

turbospeed

i still have problems with the SC and im looking for help in san diego/chula vista area im running out of money so i cant offer much except lotsa beer :D and pizza i have boost leak and vacuum leak but i couldnt find it and shop here know **** about the SC any help will be aprecciated

Help in San Diego

I can't help you personally but I do know a mechanic that knows a lot about SC's. Give Roy or Steve a call at Delta 858.695.3995. They're not the cheapest but they are honest and fair. He's fixed my SC when no one else around here could. There's also a guy that posts on this board that works on cars in San Diego. I believe his name is James K. Hope this helps.

Did you get a can of propane (or butane for filling cig lighters) and spray around the IC tubes and vacuum hoses while the car is idling? That is an easy way to check for leaks. If the idle "pops" when you spray around a connection, you've located the problem.

When you find the source, disconnect the fittings and re-seal the connection. Use some RTV Copper Gasket Sealer (sensor safe).

Most likely you will find the leak where the Intercooler connects to the IC tubes, unless you have had the supercharger top off. If the (plastic/rubber) vacuum lines are brittle, then just get some new lines at the parts store and replace them. (easy)

The boost leak may be related to the vacuum line that feeds the guage, unless you are experiencing some performance issues.

Give us some info on the performance symptoms. It may not actually be vacuum related.............

well this is the only sc i have driven when i was looking for the SC my friend test drove another one ( i didnt knew how to drive manual at the time ) and he said it pulled faster...and to be honest i feel it kind of slow.....its pull pretty good in first but after that it feels like it should be pulling more.....maybe its just me.......i need to find another sc and race it..........or at least test drive that 93 sc in mint condition i have seen for sale

SD auto mech.

turbo,

my dad (and I help) does SC work. I've never heard of Roy or Steve at delta, but nor can i say that my dad is extremely cheap. But the work quality is out standing. And if you have any ideas about experience. My family owns 3 SC, so be assured that we have done just about everything there is to do to them.

you can give a call and talk to my dad at 858-679-1685

His name is John

best of luck
jim

Back