PDA

View Full Version : Info needed for first Carlisle show.

Hock
02-13-2011, 10:05 PM
So, its seems like the moon and stars may be aligning this year allowing me to go to Carlisle. The wife seems to be on board, now I just hope my SC will be this spring and I can get some final adjustments made (and that it doesn't break again).

But really, since this is all new to me, and maybe some other people too, could some of you Carlisle "Vets" give us some insight as to how things work for this event?

I an planning to register this week and I live less than 2 hours away so I won't be getting a hotel. As far as I know right now I am looking to be there for Saturday and Sunday.

So what I really would like to know is:

What happens there?

What events are there?

Do we (normally) have a scheduled meeting spot in the mornings?

What are good things to bring with, besides the wife and my 10yo daughter?

So anything you guys can say about Carlisle should hopefully prove helpful.

BLOWN38
02-13-2011, 11:14 PM
At the field you hang out all day and look at cars catch up with everyone, vote on cars in other classes.

Usually the only planned things after the show field are dinner at olive garden, late night go carting, hangin in the parking lot at the hotel.

There is a friday night drag race at the local track, but most don't go.

Meeting in the mornig is usually going to breakfast somewhere then to the field, no set times.

Bring EZ up to get out of the sun and or rain, Bring chairs, water, food, grill.

Damon is trying to get things more organized this year.

Hope to see you there!

rjgraul
02-15-2011, 08:15 PM
In addition to what Chris said, not much is happening on Sunday other than finding out the results of all the voting for cars. Autocross is on Sunday too.

SCCOA will have a tent that is 20X20 if I recall correctly.

Biggest thing I found about the show is you can do a lottttttt...... of walking looking at cars and seeing what all the vendors have for sale. :eek:

Look forward to seeing you there. :cool:

lube70
02-16-2011, 10:38 AM
In past years, we all meet at the show field (since many hotels here have compliment breakfast), and then meet at the Tent on the showfield. The SCCOA has a 20X20 tent that is supplied by Carlisle if we have over 25 pre-registered at the event.

Bring food to BBQ or sandwiches. They do have food at the showfield, (not expensive), and drinks if you want. Wear sneakers since there is a lot of walking involved seeing the cars. Cars are grouped by catagories and model. The nice thing is we go out on saturday night to Olive Garden for dinner (anyone say table for 100?!) and then some guys go to Go Karts for some night time entertainment.

The daytime there is a lot to see. Check out youtube and look up Carlisle All Ford Nationals. You can see the field there.

Always a great time (depending on the weather) and if my kids come 12 yo don and 14 yo daughter, your 10 yo will have companions. (Some guys bring the kids also).

Anyway, check it out and hope to see you there.

Don

Ken Seegers
02-17-2011, 12:44 PM
Also look into pre-registering. I did it last year and it save me time from getting out of the car going over to tent to have someone write down my info and then go to a building to take my information for judging and picking up my goody bag. When you pre-register, they will send you the sticker for your car and everything else you need to vote. When you come up to the show, you just drive in and fine your area for your car.

I usually get there on Friday to walk around a bit. Saturday morning is spent final detailing on the car and voting....maybe walking around the vendor area. Sunday is usually wrap up day............pick up trophy (hopefully 1st place this year) and say your good bye till next year.

I also bring my 14 y/o son with me.....he keeps me out of trouble :D

Hope to see you there.

Ken