Web Server Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

gldiii

SCCoA Lifetime Member
Web Server Upgrade (We're UP!)

Update 10/23/02 9:53PM EDT - If you are reading this, you know the new server is up and running!!!! BIG THANKS TO RON DIPAOLA for all his work in getting this new server all set up!!!

Update 10/23/02 4:05PM EDT - We have been hampered in our efforts to move the VBulletin boards due to the web hosting company being on a lower release of some software that we need to run the boards. Ron has been working closely with the vendor and we hope to have the software upgraded very shortly. I'll be posting as soon as we know when the boards will be down for the move.

Update: 10/18/02 5:20PM EDT - Ron has started the copying of needed files to the new server. We'll do some testing over the next few days. Then on Sunday night or Monday night, Ron will shut down VBulletin for a few hours, move the forums and then we will be back up on the new server just where we left off, only faster!! I'll post the exact downtimes as soon as we know. That time will probably be known on Sunday.

The SCCoA will be upgrading to a new dedicated server over the next few days. Hopefully, it will all be completed this weekend. We appreciate you patience with us as this occurs. We have been working hard to make the “Server Busy” message go away!

Many service providers were considered and queried over the last couple of weeks. We even talked with some of the providers suggested by people posting on the SCCoA. In the end, we hope we have reached a compromise between cost and quality of service.

More details on this new server and other club news will be coming in the next couple of weeks. My thanks to Bill Evanoff for assisting in moving to this new server. Also, none of this would be possible without the tireless efforts of Ron DiPaola in doing most of the research and all the actual work for this move.

Lastly, thanks to all of you SC owners (and potential owners) for hanging in there with us through these changing times. We hope you enjoy our new service.

(I’ll be posting actual dates/times that there may be service interruptions and change in web addresses when we know the details. This is in the works, RIGHT NOW!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back