Help!!!!

89_nitemare_sc

I need help.
The past 2 days my sc hasn't wanted to fire up. No spark, no click, no lights. Nothing. I've replaced the battery 2 weeks ago and everything been fine upto last night.
I've seen on here that the ignition module or something can do it, but I haven't seen anyway to check if thats the problem
I've been having numerous on again/off again electrical problems with this car and it's been driving me crazy trying to track stuff down.
This latest issue makes me just want to send it to an early grave.

Any kind of idea on where to start would be great

I'll have all the interior dome lights and door lights, but as soon as I hit the key everything goes out.

I'll try the ignition switch. But yesterday I got it to take a charge from a jump start and drove it home fine.

The wierd thing was the tach jumpped all the way to the right last night when it happened. But again no nothing. After the jump start and small charge and 20 minute drive home.

Some additional things to check:

Corrosion on the battery post.

Corrosion inside the battery terminal (especially if the end was replaced on an old battery cable.)

Bad cables.

Bad battery (pull it and have it checked outside the car by a competent shop.)

Those come to mind quickly.

RwP

Update

Got home from work last night and messed with the battery cables and cleaned them off a little. Not real bad but thought I'd try.
Reattached and made sure tight and the car fired right up.
Took it down to Advance and they checked battery and alternator. Both checked out as good. But still had something drawing from the battery. So went home and disconnected my radio.
Came out for work this morning and it fired right up.
Not 100% sure it is the radio, but doing a wiring check this weekend and reinstalling the radio.

Another Update

Got home last night from work. Reinstalled the radio with good connectors splices etc.
When done I went to start the car and it seems the motor aint getting any darn fuel. I just took mit to the shop for that. They replaced the pigtail on top of the tank. I just replaced the fuel pump in October.
I'm lost.
Could I have blown a fuse for the fuel/ start system when installing the radio?

Back