What makes the Blower louder?

bkosonen

So with CAI's, will a mettle CAI make the blower louder than a PVC. I'm talking a home made style. I want to get this blower alot louder!

So with CAI's, will a mettle CAI make the blower louder than a PVC. I'm talking a home made style. I want to get this blower alot louder!

Yes, the metal pipe will make it louder. From what I've seen thin wall aluminum pipes are the loudest. Look up a shootout video of Brian Oatway's car if you want to hear some blower whine.

David

Had an aluminum CAI on mine with a stock pulley. Was driving through town one day and saw a couple of girls walking on the side of the road. I dropped it into 2nd gear and hammered on it. The blower started screaming and I watched them both jump :D

if your objective is to increase blower noise then fill in your silencer ports. that in itself will give you a huge increase in blower sound.

Im going to do a CAI. The silencer ports are Iffy, I dont have a welder, is there any REALLY good liquid stuff that people have used?

Im going to do a CAI. The silencer ports are Iffy, I dont have a welder, is there any REALLY good liquid stuff that people have used?

Leave it be dude, filling in the ports is opening a can of worms to go wrong. CAI & 9" cone filter will do wonders for "whine" without taking a chance of screwing up your blower case.

you can weld the ports or use steel resins. quick steel and jb weld are the only ones i have heard of being used. i used jb weld. to be on the safe side i used a dremel with a ball point grinding tip to make anchor points along the side walls of the ports for the resin to fill into and have some extra hold. also if you decide to use resin i only suggest 400grit sand paper to scuff all surfaces that will be in contact with the resin and thinner with a lint free cloth to clean the surface before application of the resin. i have some step by step pics of mine. pop me your email via pm and ill send you the pics. if you take your time and do it right and clean you will never have a problem. its only going to hold as good as you prep it.
if your not confident in your ability to be thorough then welding is the way to go.

also from talking to some of the guys at jb welds research lab they suggest 72hours+ cure time for this application. i let it cure for a week. if an oven is available they also suggest baking it for 1hour at 200f toward the ending cure time. i did not do the oven cure. after cure time has past use a small pick hammer to test the resin for strength. while placing the resin in the ports use a small screw driver or even a coat hanger to stir and compress the resin into the void to remove any and all air pockets.

Removing the collar nut on the SC top and cutting 3/4" off your upper IC tube and then using a 2.75" sillicone connector between them such that there is a gap in between the two tubes will also increase noise. The sililcone transmits a lot more sound than the solid metal does. Makes for much easier supercharger install and removal as well.

Removing the collar nut on the SC top and cutting 3/4" off your upper IC tube and then using a 2.75" sillicone connector between them such that there is a gap in between the two tubes will also increase noise. The sililcone transmits a lot more sound than the solid metal does. Makes for much easier supercharger install and removal as well.

INTERESTING!

When you cut the Upper IC tube do you suggest cutting grooves around the outside of the tube to create like a barbed effect for the silicone coupler to grip with the clamps?

I would say yes. I didnt do that on the IC I made and every time I hit 2nd hard, it blew the tube off. Not a funny thing if your racing and the car falls dead on its face from it. The IC Im building now will have a bead welded around the tubes and top.

I would say yes. I didnt do that on the IC I made and every time I hit 2nd hard, it blew the tube off. Not a funny thing if your racing and the car falls dead on its face from it. The IC Im building now will have a bead welded around the tubes and top.

Good to know!
Maybe have to port the IC tube to make it a smoothe transition for the air from the coupler into the tube.

Back