Passenger side seatbelt doesn't work...What gives?

phils89sc

So it stopped working about 2 months ago and is locked in the closed position toward the back of the car.....until....this morning, I get to my local gas station and to my amazement, when I went to put my stuff in the passenger seat, I opened the passenger door and the belt went to the open position, nearest the front! I sat there for a moment or two just kind of amazed. So I close the door and sure enough, it goes back to the door closed position. So I drive the rest of the two miles back to work, park, get out to open the door and it is back to not working again.... ~~~!??!?!?! I am sure someone else has had this problem before right? Any thoughts?

Thanks

There is a switch inside the door located next to the door latch....

It could be that, or gremlins....;)

There is a switch inside the door located next to the door latch....

It could be that, or gremlins....;)

Eddie,

It is funny you mention that switch because that door does not seem to shut properly or open right for that matter. The hinges are fine, but there is no real affirmative 'click' when you open the door, you just pull up on the handle and there is no unlatching feeling in the handle, it just opens. I have to get into that door soon anyway to put in a windows motor gearbox kit. Thanks Eddie!

Sounds like one of your limit switches might be bad....

Phil....

Open the door and then activate the latch with a screwdriver (or some other implement of destruction) and see if the seat belt moves.....:p

Back