95 manual crank question?

Regul8r

Using a 95 MANUAL tranny crankshaft for the engine build.
I noticed the rear has a pilot bearing.
What do I need to do to use this crank on for an AUTO tranny?

Pop out the bearing and all is well?
Or pop out the bearing and I need some type of bushing?
or other answer?

Thanks!

OOPS I forgot...

I am putting in a B&M Holeshot 2400/2500 converter.
Does that make any difference in the answers?

Get a slide hammer from auto zone under thier free tool rental program. It will make removal alot easier. If you are adventurous, you can try to remove the bearing by packing the bearing with grease and use a spare input shaft or shaft very close to the ID of the pilot bushing and work the shaft in and out untill the bushing pops out.

If you don't have a spare input shaft,I would HIGHLY recommend the tool

Mark

An FYI, there is no difference between an auto crank and a 5spd crank.

Pop the bearing out and you're good to go. Just put some grease in there when you install the convertor so it doesn't bind up in there in the future. I'd also check if the stub on the convertor fits in the whole on the crank ok before you install everything just to be on the safe side.

Fraser

An FYI, there is no difference between an auto crank and a 5spd crank.

Pop the bearing out and you're good to go. Just put some grease in there when you install the convertor so it doesn't bind up in there in the future. I'd also check if the stub on the convertor fits in the whole on the crank ok before you install everything just to be on the safe side.

Fraser

Yup always put some slippery STICKS in the future and check the fit before I put things together.

THANKS for the info everyone!
Consider this thread closed!

Back