Best Spark Plugs and Wires

JAFO

I've read somewhere that I should stick with the OEM plugs, but thought I'd run it past everyone here. I'm not in for gimicky +4's etc. just a good double plat (?).
Same for wires, but I think I've read about Magnecor wires being the best. Where's the best place to buy these, I know they're pricey? I think I'm missing some SC parts site links.

plugs... stay with motorcraft or autolites.

Wires.. stock are ok. I run magncor and never had any problems. Bill has them at supercoupeperformanc.com

Chris

Plugs + Wires

The stock plugs and wires are both very good. My stock wires 11 years old when I finally replaced them last year. They were still working perfectly at the time but 11 years is long enough and they were starting to look bad from an aesthetic stand point.

I replaced them with Magnecores and am perfectly happy with them also. I stuck with the stock plug and have them gapped at .052 and have no problems at all with their performance.

I hate replacing the plugs and wires on this car, PIA, so you want to do it right the first time and be done with it.

Good Luck,

Bob

How much do the stock plugs and wires cost?I'd like to compare to what the local dealership quotes me. They've been high on some other things.

Thanks! Not much cheaper than going with the Magnecor's though. Faster to get though, I'm sure.

Back