PDA

View Full Version : 1994 SC Quarterhorse issue T4J1

XxSlowpokexX
02-20-2011, 06:32 PM
There is a white circuit board inside that doesnt allow the chip to seat properly. It cocks it sideways. Anyone else have this issue?

The W4D2 auto computer doesnt have it

XxSlowpokexX
02-20-2011, 06:58 PM
I bent it down a bit to have teh Moates slid over it but I dont like the way its all looking

XR7 Dave
02-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Put some electrical tape on the back side of the QH so that it can't scratch the circuit board. Ira lost his QH that way. I also bend the QH's contact strip slightly so that the board angles up and away from the white card. The 94 5spd is the only EEC I've run into that is like this. Weird. It used to be we had to do similar nonsense to chips to fit into the 89-90 SC EEC. So I guess it's payback time. haha

ricardoa1
02-20-2011, 07:21 PM
yeah........

XxSlowpokexX
02-20-2011, 07:37 PM
My car still isnt idleling. Changed IAC. Maybe next weekend Ill have time to start logging stuff. I HATE this car :O)

Guess Ill have to figure how to get this all working

XR7 Dave
02-20-2011, 08:52 PM
My car still isnt idleling. Changed IAC. Maybe next weekend Ill have time to start logging stuff. I HATE this car :O)

Guess Ill have to figure how to get this all working

IAC is almost never the cause of idle issues although people do seem to like to change them a lot. :rolleyes: Get the logger up and running so you can see what is going on. It's the coolest thing you can do with your SC.

BLOWN38
02-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Get the logger up and running so you can see what is going on. It's the coolest thing you can do with your SC.

Yes it is! Makes me wanna put an I PAD or someting in the dash so you can look at it all the time. Much better than a bunch of Autometer guages.

There is a post/thread somewhere, maybe on moates site about having to bend things around in the 5 speed computer. Glad you didn't fry it.

Ira R.
02-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Indeed. Feel free to come glance at mine if you like or just bring yours over and we can install it. Takes longer to get the box out of the kick panel than put it in. It really isn't that big a deal. Check your PM's for more.....

Ira

DLF
02-20-2011, 10:24 PM
The 94 5spd is the only EEC I've run into that is like this.

FWIW, The T4J1 is also in the '95 5-spds.

XR7 Dave
02-20-2011, 10:49 PM
FWIW, The T4J1 is also in the '95 5-spds.

Yes, that is what I meant.

XxSlowpokexX
02-20-2011, 11:57 PM
I havent had my computer in teh kick panel for three years!

Ira maybe next weekend if you have a free day I can swing by with my computer an dyou can show me how to get everything working..Id drive my car but it wont idle

Miller
02-21-2011, 01:06 AM
Takes longer to get the box out of the kick panel than put it in.

Ira

I was never able to get mine back in without unbolting the harness and thats just far to much work. Mines been sitting on the floor for the last few years. I just have to warn the passangers ;)

92sclikenew
02-21-2011, 07:59 AM
I was never able to get mine back in without unbolting the harness and thats just far to much work. Mines been sitting on the floor for the last few years. I just have to warn the passangers ;)

mine has zip ties holding it up out the way.. its been like that for omost 2 years i dont plan to put it back..:rolleyes:

fturner
02-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Good grief!!!! talk about lazy. I probably make more adjustments and testing to my tune than any of you, and I was SSSSOOOOO VVVEERRRRYYYYY happy to be able to take the few minutes to stuff the EEC back up where it belongs and run the USB cable to the glove box :rolleyes:.

Fraser

David Neibert
02-21-2011, 10:55 AM
Good grief!!!! talk about lazy. I probably make more adjustments and testing to my tune than any of you, and I was SSSSOOOOO VVVEERRRRYYYYY happy to be able to take the few minutes to stuff the EEC back up where it belongs and run the USB cable to the glove box :rolleyes:.

Fraser

Fraser,

Same here. One of the things I liked most about the QH is that the EEC can stay put when making changes to the tune, where the SCT chip had to be removed, reburned and reattached to the EEC numerous times. It always drove me crazy seeing the EEC hanging from the harness.

David

Ira R.
02-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Box is back inside the panel where it belongs (finally) and the connection to the laptop is wired up into the glovebox. I don't ever plan on pulling it again ;)

Damon, any evening during the week is fine. We should probably wait for the snow to stop first though. Your call, just let me know when you want to do it. It wont take but a couple of minutes to install the chip and connect it up to your laptop to make sure the software and everything is hooked up right.

My next Sat off is 03/12 and I plan on spending most of that day un'winterizing the '95 so if you want to wait we can spend the day on your car too. I usually use the car pretty regularly but the weather has been so bad it's been sitting under it's blanket for some time now.

Ira

neverfastenough
02-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Phillip put mine in:D. Its very nice to have all the cables right there in the glove box, mine loooks like a miniature best buy in there. Power inverter, wot box, qh, wideband....

rad_al_
02-21-2011, 12:00 PM
I'm planning to get a QH in the next few weeks. I thought it would be cool to run it from my phone, though I don't have an iPhone, it's an HTC EVO... bigger screen & runs Android apps. Someone needs to design an QH/Android app!

neverfastenough
02-21-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm planning to get a QH in the next few weeks. I thought it would be cool to run it from my phone, though I don't have an iPhone, it's an HTC EVO... bigger screen & runs Android apps. Someone needs to design an QH/Android app!

For saftey reasons, probably not the best idea.

rad_al_
02-21-2011, 12:11 PM
For saftey reasons, probably not the best idea.

LOL!!! True!

KwikGSeX
02-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Damon can you PLEASE change your avatar to a picture of the Teal car? We all know the Red one is a myth.. :D

XxSlowpokexX
02-22-2011, 01:29 AM
Damon can you PLEASE change your avatar to a picture of the Teal car? We all know the Red one is a myth.. :D

Thats why its there..IN FRONT ON MY HOUSE NO LESS!!!!