help

scooby

so i finialy got 2 my sc again been a few months i went 2 start it and the computer says there is no eec tuner but there is one!!!!! it can find it i toke the computer apart and cleaned all the conections still same the!!!please help not sure what happened and wanted to get it dyno tuned with my taxes!!!

I'm guessing that you are trying to install an old Shiftmaster EEC tuner and having trouble getting your laptop computer to communicate with the chip. Does the car start and run okay with chip attached ? What year is the car, what version EEC tuner (some versions didn't work well and had to be returned and reflashed). Usually when the connection is bad a bunch of lights on the dash come on and the cooling fan turns on and car won't start.

When I had one it was very difficult to get a good connection at the access port because the contacts on the tuner were very flimsy and didn't clamp down very well on the EEC circut board. I had to clean mine off about 3 times to get good contact.

You are not going to get much help here, because almost no one uses that to tune their car. Dave Dalke and Fraser are about the only people here who know enough about them to help.

David

cool thanks i will try cleaning again it is the shiftmaster v2.0 and 1989 5 speed a9u2 i worked fine before i will try cleaning it again. is there a better tuneing system that is better. and i did do some welding on the car a while back do you think it could have fried the chip or eec the fuse wasnt blown for the eec tho. thanks for all the help by the way!!!!! and the car wont run at all with or with out the chip attached but before it wont run unless i retrieved then redownload the program!!thought that was weird so i needed to carry the laptop with me to start the car

Last edited:
For the past couple years, Quarter Horse with Binary Editor and a definition file created by Fraser is the way everyone is tuning their cars. It's 10 times better than the EEC tuner and can make tuning changes on the fly without reburning the chip, monitor all sensors live and datalog. Contact Dave or Fraser to get setup with everything you need.

David

Back