Mustang hub swap, ABS ring question

KillSwitchNY

Ok i installed NATIONAL front hubs on my 95 SC. everything went very well on the install. I was planning on swapping the stock ABS ring onto the mustang hub since the tbird one is fatter and pulled more toward the edge of the hub. I didnt have time to press the rings on and off so i just installed them and the sensor seemed to line up with the teeth. Everything seemed fine when i took it for a ride except now if i go into boost at all it will buck hard until i let off. Im assuming this is just coincidence and i have developed another engine problem but is it possible for that to be the abs kicking in because of those different rings??

please help. i will be checking the plugs this weekend, as i do not have any time till then:( but hoping to get a jump start on the project.

The ABS rings have nothing to do with your current problem. Sounds like you may have an ignition issue as you suspect.

cheers
Ed N.

Yeah thats what im leaning towards... i really feel like i may have developed a cracked plug or broken electrode.. This sputtering happened within a day period where it would come and go. Now its constant.

I did the plugs (autolite 103, w/ .045 gap) less than a year ago.
Basically its giving me the same issue (less extreme) that the NGK TR55's gave me where the car would not accel when stepping over 1psi boost. Im going to just do the XP103 iridiums this weekend. I knew it had to be ignition but had to make sure i wasnt crazy w/ the abs/hub swap thing. Thanks for solidifying the issue for me guys.

Back