vacaum leak?

brianstang

it started right after i changed the plugs and wires. it has a little mis at idle derly noticeable, but the boost gauge is reading 10 for vac. and it wont pull over 15psi now. also at the same time i changed the plugs and wires my power steering started leaking i have tofill it every day or too, i think it got pinched when i sit the moter back down.{i think the mounts r shot had to jack the engine up to get the oil filter off.} ive used starting fluid every where trying to find a leak and cant find 1, i was wondering:confused: if maybe it had something to do with the power streering maybe dragging the motor down a bit since its goes empty all the time now?

it started right after i changed the plugs and wires. it has a little mis at idle derly noticeable, but the boost gauge is reading 10 for vac. and it wont pull over 15psi now. also at the same time i changed the plugs and wires my power steering started leaking i have tofill it every day or too, i think it got pinched when i sit the moter back down.{i think the mounts r shot had to jack the engine up to get the oil filter off.} ive used starting fluid every where trying to find a leak and cant find 1, i was wondering:confused: if maybe it had something to do with the power streering maybe dragging the motor down a bit since its goes empty all the time now?

One of the wires is probably not attached to the plug correctly. Power steering leak is probably from the hose that runs under the front of the oil pan on the Kmember, which is pretty common failure when driving the car with collapse motor mounts. Eventually it will rub a hole through the oil pan.

David

just at idle. when idleing in park the the gauge says 10psi vac. it used to read 15 or 20 psi idleing in park think. and its used to pull roughly 19psi now it wont go over 15psi.

i spayed starting fluid around the tupes and nothing happened, what is the best way to seal them, i just bolted them back up i didnt use any thing to seal it i didnt know i had to.

i spayed starting fluid around the tupes and nothing happened, what is the best way to seal them, i just bolted them back up i didnt use any thing to seal it i didnt know i had to.

That's the problem. Either get some teflon gaskets (search this site) or go buy a tube of copper high temp RTV to seal all the connections.

David

Back