a/f gauge

brianstang

ive had a air fuel gauge laying around for awhile unopened cause i wasnt quite sure if i had to have a special o2 sensor or if there was a wire i could tap into on the stock o2?

You need to check if its for hooking up to stock O2 sensors, or to wideband sensors, which I doubt considering the price.

The ones for the stock o2 sensors are useless for our cars since we need to run way outside of the operating range of those when the pedal is to the floor.

Fraser

I actually believe that i have the same one from Autozone. It works fine on my 94. I may still have the paperwork with the wire color functions. I have attached the users manual. And who cares what the mixture is at wot this unit just shows full rich

Attachments

• sunpro.pdf
    373.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
im not sure what model but its a sunpro from auto zone. it was a cheapie {$30 or $40}

Don't waste your time installing it, it's useless junk and after awhile the pretty flashing lights will really start to annoy you. Like Fraser said, it can only read a very narrow range and can't be used for tuning or anything else productive.

David

Last edited:
I actually believe that i have the same one from Autozone. It works fine on my 94. I may still have the paperwork with the wire color functions. I have attached the users manual. And who cares what the mixture is at wot this unit just shows full rich

I care, because WOT is where you break your junk if the AF ratio isn't right.

David

For the guys that do major mods and racing it probably does matter. But for us older guys who don't it is just pretty lights

if you want pretty lights, neons are cheaper.

install a real oil pressure gauge, coolant temp sensor and maybe a more accurate boost gauge.

if you want to know your real air/fuel, an LC1 is fairly cheap. :)

Guys, i didnt mean that a/f ratio was not important. It obviously is, my point was only that if he wanted to install this gauge it could be done.

Back