PDA

View Full Version : New member

Regul8r
02-25-2011, 11:41 PM
Some of you have heard me talk about a kid here on Ft Riley who has a white 93 5-spd. He also bought "HAWKINS" 89 5-spd last year.

Well he sold the 89 and the kid who bought it...blew it up, engine AND tranny!
So he bought it back and stripped some parts from it then ended up sending it to the scrap yard because the housing unit wouldn't let it stay.

His 93 had some issues, he brought it to the Auto Craft Shop on post, put it in the air to do some work to it. Called me to come check it out, maybe help with repairs and give him advise on the car. So I did... his 93 is JUNK! It is one of those cars that was abused for a long time, not taken care of, missing pieces, suspension SHOT!, leaking, interior junk etc... one of those $300-$500 drive it like you stole it til it dies cars! So I went looking for a car for him.
His motor still runs well, so IF we found a good car with motor problems... that might work for him.

Found a few on line, made some calls, worked some deals and finally made a good deal for him on a car out of the Rockport Illinois area.
Great looking car with a noisy blown motor. It RUNS but it is blown. It is a 5-spd with lots of extra parts.
His dad is an over the road trucker so he is going to pick up the car this week and get it delivered here in the next few weeks.

The plan was to take the motor out of his White 93 junk car and put it in the new one he bought. New plan is to tear down the motor I still have in the garage from the Annie we stripped last year. IF it is ok or at least rebuildable we'll build a motor from all the parts he and I have around to put in the new one. THEN he can sell the 93 for a little cash to someone who needs a running 5-spd for parts.

He was a member on here a while ago but doesn't seem to be able to get on anymore.

Just wanted to let you all know the new kid around here and he is a good kid who truely does love these cars!

He'll get out to some events with me around here this summer.

Maybe if someone can give me some info on this car...
It came from the KC area, Red 92 5-spd black leather interior without a hood, has a rear wing(similar to a Saleen wing), tinted windows, and some custom touches on the interior. The guy bought parts for the car.
Front and rear fascias, hood, doors and other parts that all come with the car. And has some aftermarket rims.

TSC89
02-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Sounds like you will be a SC Guru by the time you are done with all those SC's out there.

Regul8r
02-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Sounds like you will be a SC Guru by the time you are done with all those SC's out there.

Funny you say that!
This kid says he is glad he has a someone who KNOWS these cars and helped him find another one before he dropped stupid money on his junk 93.

Blkbrd95
02-27-2011, 10:04 PM
now you just need to become a guru on 4.6's carl and then i'll be in business too!!:)

Regul8r
02-27-2011, 10:08 PM
there is a 4.6 for sale in Manhattan I have seriously thought about getting for my daughter.
Kid said it drove to lunch but then wouldn't move when he came out.
It is a later model with the electronic OD tranny.
Anyone have ideas on what is wrong?

Now that I know where you work, I guess I'll have to stop by!

Blkbrd95
02-27-2011, 10:12 PM
i saw that too! decent price. from the picture it looks to be in good shape. i wouldn't mind picking that up but i have plans for my bird. oh and if you do come by it's the peerless on 3rd not the one on anderson.

There was a Cougar on craigslist a while back that was pretty nice looking as well.

Melon
02-27-2011, 10:25 PM
There's a 94/95 V8 in Lincoln for dirt cheap ($450). I haven't see any pictures of it, but says it's got leaky fuel injectors. If that's the only wrong and the car is decent, could make a good, cheap commuter.

There's an XR7 in Omaha for semi-reasonable ($1800), white on blue cloth auto. It needs some work though - door hinge and brakes are the top 2 I remember.

Blkbrd95
02-27-2011, 10:35 PM
hmm... what year is the XR7 melon?

Melon
02-27-2011, 10:51 PM

http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/2222298418.html

Blkbrd95
02-27-2011, 11:05 PM
hmmm... that's not to bad looking!!

Melon
02-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Good:
- Rebuilt engine has 40k miles
- New trans with around 100 miles

Bad:
- Drivers Door Hinge
- DR side, rear brake caliper (I think)
- Rust in rockers
- Needs door hinge replaced
- Needs Passenger corner light
- No radio

Asking $1800, but I'd hope she'd take less since it needs a laundry list of work. I was going to look at it, but my priorities have changed.