blower pulley removal

If you are careful. you don't need to remove the t-stat housing. I've swapped pullies without removing the housing.

i hate you both.... i keep a stock of no less than five tstat gaskets in my toolbox for this occasion.... anyone fabbed up a reuseable one yet? :eek:

You dont need to replace the gasket if you remove the blower ;) i got er off. I ported the blower case. It went well. Car pulls stronger over the entire rpm range. Its probly runnin cooler is my guess.

I've bent several pulleys trying to pull them with three jaw pullers so I built a plate to bolt behind the pulleys and then pull the plate rather than the pulley directly......Dan

Someone else posted how they did it, I tried it that way after bending about 3 pulleys.

Take the puller and put it on the pulley, tight. Then you tap the pulley with a hammer, tighten a little, tap with the hammer. It seemed to work, those pulleys that have been on for a long time dont want to let go.

Justin

I've bent several pulleys trying to pull them with three jaw pullers so I built a plate to bolt behind the pulleys and then pull the plate rather than the pulley directly......Dan

Yep...I bent the crap out of the original pulley on my 91 using a 3 jaw puller.

David

Back