Side Gapping Plugs

interesting in theory.
Not saying I agree or disagree just saying... interesting

Similar thought process as the E-Fire plugs

This is something that has been done for years in racing to help squeek as much power as possible out of a "legal" engine. The real question is, is it worth while to do something like this on ours engines? I would have to say no because of the amount of wear we put on our plugs, that gap would not last too long and you would have to replace plugs like everytime you revved the engine. 2nd, is there really going to be a big enough difference in power to make it worth changing plugs every few thousand miles, not to mention the work involved in modifying the plugs to make them work. Good idea, but I would leave it to the n/a guys that can get to their plugs with out feeling like they did a 20hr surgery on an elephant.

dont know if it actually works or not, but all the dirt track cars I have ever hung around next to all do that.

the real power adder (or consistant, adder) is to index the plugs.

This is something that has been done for years in racing to help squeek as much power as possible out of a "legal" engine. The real question is, is it worth while to do something like this on ours engines? I would have to say no because of the amount of wear we put on our plugs, that gap would not last too long and you would have to replace plugs like everytime you revved the engine. 2nd, is there really going to be a big enough difference in power to make it worth changing plugs every few thousand miles, not to mention the work involved in modifying the plugs to make them work. Good idea, but I would leave it to the n/a guys that can get to their plugs with out feeling like they did a 20hr surgery on an elephant.

Well I was more or less thinking about doing it on maybe the girlfriend's car, not mine, since I agree, changing the spark plugs on our cars is... lets just say quite a commitment lol

Yeah, I would agree with the previous posters ... That's a lot of work for a very short-lived gap.

It seems sound, but I wouldn't do it on this car.

Well I was more or less thinking about doing it on maybe the girlfriend's car, not mine, since I agree, changing the spark plugs on our cars is... lets just say quite a commitment lol

Even with that I wouldn't waste my time, too many better things you could put your effort into to get more power.

Now if it was more of a dedicated racer that I occasionally took on the street then that would be a different story.

plugs

I put Motorcraft Finewires in my SC, with an 80,000 volt blaster coil and really saw a difference, but there is, I believe a cheaper option. I have Denso DoubleTT's in my mustang and MKvii and they are pretty smooth. I have 40,000 volt coils on the 'stang and they work better with those. The plugs are available only through Advance Auto Parts. If anybody wants some I'll get them for you for cost plus USPO shipping. Carin. fullpage101@sbcglobal.net

you want power yank the blower off slap an n/a intake on and fab up a turbo

70mm .68AR with 2.5" crossover at 26# should be more than enough to give you a boost in output

you want power yank the blower off slap an n/a intake on and fab up a turbo

70mm .68AR with 2.5" crossover at 26# should be more than enough to give you a boost in output

agreed if it was as simple as changing out plugs to some fancy ones, then everyone would have done it. There almost never is a performance gain with a plug on a somewhat stock engine.

modded engines are another story.

but speaking of plugs, has anyone on here used those pulstar plugs.. sounds like a scam to me but just wondering.

Back