Rough Idle after tuneup

Bluntz

I was having hesitancy issues, on the highway id go to floor it and it would spit and sputter and have loss of power, i did some reading and discovered the fix by changing plugs and putting on new perfomance wires, this changed eveything i am so happy it runs awesome now, however at idle it doesnt sound good at all, the rpms fluctuate, sometimes sounds like it is gonna stall, and it is overall just rough.

I do not have a constant check engine light but as i am driving i do get a engine light that comes and goes intermittently.

Any ideas would be awesome... I have new DIS, coil, camshaft sensors on already.

Thanks for your help.

By the air charge temperature sensor. Didn't help? It's on the outlet tube right before it turns to go down into the intake manifold. If your under your hood on your drivers side all the way back by the strut tower and your looking at the outlet tube, its the little black plastic tube that connects via rubber boot by the air charge sensor. It's the only sensor threaded into the tube. If you unplug it, your boost gauge will read 0.

Where is the boost gauge line located? Pics maybe?
One connects to the gauge in the dash, the other end connects to the inlet plenum. Before you yank the instrument cluster, find where the line connects to the inlet plenum and you can disconnect the line and cap the plenum. I'm sure there are pictures posted somewhere on the site.

Back