9.5" Lentech 2700-2800 stall non locking converter

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
This converter Features:

.One piece forged front cover prevents balooning
.Fully furnace brazed constuction increases durability
.Torrington needle thrust bearings
.Electronic balance
.Custom coupler eliminates lockup feature to increase torque capacity of transmission
.Can be used with factory input shafts or 1 piece input shaft

http://www.lentechautomatics.com/bracketmaster.html

This converter was originally supplied with the Lentech Strip Terminator AOD that was installed in my 93 SC (v8 turbo). With a stall of 2700-2800 rpms it was a little too tight for spooling the turbo, so I replaced it with a looser/stronger converter when rebuilding the transmission. This converter will work best with a SC that has 3.73 or 4.10 gears and with a moderate sized transmission cooler will not run hotter than 180 degrees. It's identical to the converter in my 91 SC and works well for the street and the strip.

Alan at Dirtydog Performance has dismantled and inspected the converter and advises that after installing a new hub, it's in very good shape. Alan is currently holding the converter for direct shipout from his shop. Since payment will be made directly to Alan, you can use a credit card if you wish.

I'm asking $375 plus shipping cost. The same converter from Lentech now sells for $845, so it's a real bargin.

Please send me a PM if interested.

If you have any technical questions, please post them here and I'll do my best to get them answered quickly.

Thanks, David

Last edited:
I have the unit here, it is getting completely refreshed with a new hardened hub as well. The unit is in like new condition an ready to ship. I took some internal pictures of it that show it's bearing construction, full furnace brazed parts. Any questions feel free to ask.
I have to correct the front cover information. It is not a one piece forged cover it is a fabricated cover, but it is a very nice one. Much better than the crap TCI and B&M builds. I feel confident this unit will be great for any SC running stock input shafts on the transmission.
Alan

Attachments

• neiberts.jpg
    neiberts.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 149
You cant go wrong buying parts off Mr Neiberts cars to go fast. I bought a torque strap setup from him and I think I picked up a half second in the quarter mile:eek::D:D

Ken

It's all true :D I once sold a guy a red dog collar (aka Power strap) that lowered his ET buy at least 2 tenths.

David

Attachments

• power strap.JPG
    power strap.JPG
    280.5 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Other than a tune, bigger injectors with correct sample tube... THIS tops off my car!! YAHOO!
Ok, I still need to see about an FMIC when I go to the bigger injectors and tune!

Back