help please

chris90sc

im hving a problem with my t-bird sc. it idles and revs good but if i hold the gas down to keep the same rpms like 2,000 it drops around 1500 then the rpm will go back up. when the rpm drop i get a pop and crackle sound from the exhaust. can anyone help me out or has anyone had this problem before? ive already changed the plugs and wires,fuel filter,maf sensor,and hb and the crank sensor and has new cam sensor. i bought car with a bad hb and went with the bhj.

Sounds like you might have a bad spark plug or some kind of vacuum leak...

Was the OEM balancer still on the engine when you got it....;)

Vaccuum leaks are first thing to look for
Then check the TPS.
with a probe wire monitoring voltage try to hold it like you said at the steady RPM and see if the voltage moves. it should not. it should ONLY move with your foot. You might actually see a specific part of the TPS range where you see the voltage break up.

After you check for vacuum leaks and the TPS then check the EGR (IF yours has the EGR). Old EGR springs can actually do the same thing, surging. Dirty EGR plunger seats can do it too.

I am not the expert here on the electronics side of things with our car, but the things I mentioned will all do what you are describing

Back