Bad njector??

XxSlowpokexX

Ok...Im at my end here.....

NOW I been having firts a performance issue with my car that gradually got worse than an dcurrently an idle issue...It wont idle and is seeming to load up at lower RPM's...

Using an IR scan of the exhaust headers showed me that one cylinder is running much hotter that the others. Individual injectors signals from EEC seem ok......................................NOW

Could I possably have a bad injector that is dumping fuel>? Im figuring the eec can ge saying yah sure its opening and closing properly as im giving it the proper signal but that doesnt mean it is right? And if I happen to be dumpig fuel due to that one cylinder or injector being bad it will screw everythjing up correct??

ive had little time to look at this car and when I do I want to burn it...
I have the QH now and will try to log somethig asap.

a cylinder running rich will have a cooler EGT, usually the hottest EGT is right at around stoich, best bet would be to force open loop and disable one injector at a time watching the hego's it should peg lean for each injector you disable, if you unplug one and the hego stays rich you know you have a faulty/stuck injector

IIRC you have a tuning device, if not get with ricardoa he's got a burner and i remember him mentioning that you weren't too far away

alternate methods can be utilized if need be

I actually have both an SCT burner and a Moates QUarter horse.

See what I was thinking and I guess I didnt explainit properly is that (I had two theories) is that if that injector is getting stuck it can cause a lean condition which will cause the computer to add more fuel thus the dumping of fuel and rich fuel condition..Also that cylinder would be running hotter.

I dont know what is g this issue at this point. I need to go buy a new 02 so I can at least get soem AFR readings from my lm1. Something is wrong and I just about checked everything electronic as well as the cam timing

Back