Tach issue

whitecl0ver

I have a strange issue I have been noticing the last few times I drove my SC. Seems like after about 20 minutes of driving my Check Engine Light will come on and my tach will die. Then after about 2-5 minutes the light goes off and the tach comes back to life. Also if I downshift the light will go off and tach will come back to life.

The car doesn't seem to change when the light goes on or off....Maybe some sort of sensor or electrical gremlin?

Sounds like your cam sensor is failing. Replace it along with your crank sensor if you haven't already as they are known to fail also.

I agree that it's most likely the cam position sensor. It's a pretty easy job to replace the sensor...just need a 7/32" socket to remove the two screws that hold the sensor on.

David

I agree that it's most likely the cam position sensor. It's a pretty easy job to replace the sensor...just need a 7/32" socket to remove the two screws that hold the sensor on.

David

I just found the articals on the site, I'm hoping it's the cam sensor. That crank sensor seems like it's a bear.

AutoZone has them listed DuraLast Camshaft Sensor for $35.99...

Where is the sensor located?

Right under the snout of the supercharger...when you get the replacement you will recognize it right away.....Dan

No, I didn't have time over the weekend to undertake the all day affair....I was hoping it could be something else that possibly that could be a quick fix not a huge under taking.

No, I didn't have time over the weekend to undertake the all day affair....I was hoping it could be something else that possibly that could be a quick fix not a huge under taking.

Suggest pulling the codes before buying additional parts. Autozone will usually do it for free.

David

Back