PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Spring Fling - Friday and Saturday, April 15th and 16th

Thunder95
03-09-2011, 01:44 PM
***Date change: April 15th & 16th, any interest?***

My wife works that day, so I figure we could get together for a spring hey how's it going... see what everyone is up to and maybe wrench on a few things... tear up my new place a bit.

The new place has a big 2 car garage in case it rains, and big driveway with a culdesac for plenty of parking. I've got a good sized grill and plenty of space for everyone, how's it sound?

I'm up north, so I know it's a drag for you Kansas guys, but I can promise I'll feed you well! If everyone can chip in a couple bucks or so, I can do up some pretty good bacon burgers. Also bring a side dish or some chips or something... I'm sure no one would be against some brew either, I'll have a few there. I bet I can talk my wife into making up some cupcakes for dessert too, they are a thing of beauty!

Anyone game? Anyone have any work they need done? So far all that's on the docket that day is rebuilding some rear Bird calipers (and I might have that done by then anyway). Come on you slackers, who's game to catch up? Everyone is welcome, no prejudice here!

-Joel

Regul8r
03-09-2011, 02:51 PM
My wife works that day, so I figure we could get together for a spring hey how's it going... see what everyone is up to and maybe wrench on a few things... tear up my new place a bit.

The new place has a big 2 car garage in case it rains, and big driveway with a culdesac for plenty of parking. I've got a good sized grill and plenty of space for everyone, how's it sound?

I'm up north, so I know it's a drag for you Kansas guys, but I can promise I'll feed you well! If everyone can chip in a couple bucks or so, I can do up some pretty good bacon burgers. Also bring a side dish or some chips or something... I'm sure no one would be against some brew either, I'll have a few there. I bet I can talk my wife into making up some cupcakes for dessert too, they are a thing of beauty!

Anyone game? Anyone have any work they need done? So far all that's on the docket that day is rebuilding some rear Bird calipers (and I might have that done by then anyway). Come on you slackers, who's game to catch up? Everyone is welcome, no prejudice here!

-Joel

What is UP NORTH?

All y'all in the KCMO/KCK area are over a 2hour ride for me!

Thunder95
03-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Sorry, right about here. (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=I-435+and+mo-152&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&rlz=1I7ADFA_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl)

Regul8r
03-09-2011, 03:06 PM
that ain't UP NORTH!
thats on the way to the Airport, 140miles one way from my place to MCI.

Thunder95
03-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Hey man, no one is breakin' your arm! I'm just hosting a get together for those who want to... well... get together.

Regul8r
03-09-2011, 03:18 PM
just bustin your b....

If I am free that day I would definately make a run for a get together!
We do KC all the time.
Out here in the Midwest 2 hours like the next town over! lol

I'll check the schedules and get back to you.

Nettlesd
03-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Sounds good to me. I'll wait to commit later on.

Jim and I drive 4 hours to St. Louis for TBU GTS's so 2 hours is nothing.

Silenced
03-10-2011, 12:18 PM
I should be able to make that. Never know what the Girly plans, though... So here's a maze in good faith.

http://www.kid-friendly-family-vacations.com/images/cutout_random1.png

Thunder95
03-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Walk in the park.

kpoindex08
03-18-2011, 07:55 PM
good eye! beet me to it though lol.

Regul8r
03-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Not gonna be able to make it.
headed to Colorado Springs for a funeral Thursday or Friday as soon as all the arrangements are finalized

Thunder95
03-21-2011, 09:52 AM
Spring has sprung, the grass has ris, I wonder where the birdies is? Well, I guess this is off then, nobody interested.

I got into Architecture school @ KU, so I'll be attending this fall. Thinking about selling the Mustang and getting the Bird back into daily driving shape, probly just wrench on it a bit this weekend... see if I can figure out the brake problem. Gimme a ring if you wanna come hang out.

TSC89
03-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Sorry Joel, I couldn't commit due to a constantly changing work schedule.

Thunder95
03-21-2011, 11:32 AM
No problem! I'm sure we'll get everyone together sometime.

35thauto
03-21-2011, 12:50 PM
FWIW , I planning to go to Wichita 14-18 April I will plan to drive up to KC area that sat. or sun. will let ya know.

Thunder95
04-08-2011, 12:02 PM
FWIW , I planning to go to Wichita 14-18 April I will plan to drive up to KC area that sat. or sun. will let ya know.

Still gonna be around? Wifey works that weekend so we could grill and wrench it up at my place before you're off to Cali!

35thauto
04-09-2011, 12:23 AM
I will let you know ,I may be selling my 95 to someone in the kansas city area.

Regul8r
04-09-2011, 01:07 AM
Did you change the date to this upcoming weekend?

the 15th? Might be able to make it

Thunder95
04-09-2011, 01:58 AM
I will let you know ,I may be selling my 95 to someone in the kansas city area.

Cool, give me a heads up and I'll make sure you get fed.

Did you change the date to this upcoming weekend?

the 15th? Might be able to make it

Sounds good, just need to get some people to show up!

94Tbirdv8
04-09-2011, 11:45 AM
well im goin up to Lincoln that weekend for the spring game, we normally go I135 all the way to 80 but I may veer off course especially if theres an extra 96/7 hood! ;) haha

Regul8r
04-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Found out I have a wedding to attend late Saturday so I am not gonna be able to make it this weekend.
Jason is coming out in the morning to drop off some parts to me and pick up some parts he needs. That will be done early enough for me to get to the wedding.