91 SC Stall when warm (searched)

valant

Was really excited when I first bought it, Its in good condition (considering)

1.) Was driving it home after I bought it and it just out right died. Tried starting it and it just clicked (like a dead starter or battery), turns out it was the starter.

2.) Then It would turn but not start, not even act as if it would start, I checked Spark, got it. Checked fuel, seems ok (pulled hose off after filter and she squirted decent) I can smell the gas. So I changed out All 6 Spark Plugs with new autolite's. Still same thing.

3.) I try to pull codes KOEO, and get 111, system fine? I notice CEL going on/off when I modulate throttle, hmmm... Try starting it while pumping pedal, and she kicks and wants to start but doesnt.

4.) I pull off the TB, clean it out really good, replace TPS and IAC with j/y ones, reinstall and she fires right up. Take it out around the block, seems sluggish, round the corner and dies. HArd to restart but does start get into drive way and dies, hard to restart.

5.) Check for vacuum leaks (not too thoroughly) Boost/vacuum hard line is cracked, so I replace it. Also find PCV to canister line is collapsed and PCV to intake is bad connection so I fix it. Try to start and she fires right up, completes high idle then dies, hard to restart.

Every time its hard to start I need to hold the Gas down to start it.
Now I can keep it started if I hold idle myself but as soon as I let the throttle go, it dies. I'm thinking of replacing the plugs again, and trying the other 3 IACs, TPS,s and MAF's that I have, I will continue to look for vacuum leaks.

Q! : Where is the EGR valve, could it be ?

I will try and set the TB/IAC. I love the car and would love to get it running decent atleast.

Any help is great.

-v

Wow, over 30 views no reply.

Any how.
I didn't check for vacuum leaks but adjusted the idle screw (iac) and the throttle stop. Iac 2 full turns from closed, throttle stop .0250 open.

Seems to start fine and idle around 800-950. I know their might be other problems but its running atleast.

-v

Does it die going down the road, or just at idle? My 91 will die at idle sometimes, but start back up as soon as I try. The only starting issue I have is when warm and I've just cut it off. Like stopping at a store to get a loaf of bread... come back out and will only crank and crank, then start, sputter, and then even out. Some on here have said that sounds like a leaky injector, but I haven't had time to investigate...

Rob

Back