Battery Tender

BirdofPrey97

What brand and where are you getting yours from? Need to get a couple of them, so any useful information would be appreciated.

Someone posted some gut wrenching photos of an SC "torched" in a garage by a battery tender malfunction a few months back. Can't find the post, but if I could i'd sure pass on that model, whatever it was.

I have a Battery Tender for 2 batteries. I have had it for two years and can't complain. I got 2 years ago from Amazon for $70 shipped.

Battery "charger" not a "tender"!

Someone posted some gut wrenching photos of an SC "torched" in a garage by a battery tender malfunction a few months back. Can't find the post, but if I could i'd sure pass on that model, whatever it was.

That was caused by an old-fashioned trickle battery charger, not the
new-technology Battery Tender Plus!

I have a jr. on my atv and I have a tender (+?) on my batteries on the bench.
The bench batteries are out of my birds, they are hooked in parallel and on 1 tender unit for going on 8 mo.s. I use them every now and again to run a 12v dvd unit when I'm in the garage doing some sit-down work or tossing back a brew or three...
I got the tender + for my wifes H2 cuz it used to sit alot and after a mo. the battery wouldn't turn it over.
MikeH

picked up a battery tender jr 12v at the local auto parts store this past summer for around $18.00 on clearance. It's been keeping my race car's battery charged up all winter.

I'll second Ctek, it'll go over to pulse charging
when it hits max Volt. If you buy an other brand,
make sure its Volt-regulated or it'll boil the battery.
Vidar

Have to remember I live in a town large enough for those stores once again. :D

Head over there after work tonight and see what they have.

Thanks for the help everyone.

:eek: They are $50 when not on sale.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200332201_200332201

If I remember correctly I think I got it on sale for $30 and had a $10 off coupon. They also have kits so you can maintain multiple batteries.

This might work and it's only $20:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_12128_12128

Back