Thinking about doing this...Opinions?

PHATBRD

What do you guys think?
I had little curb rash on one of the rims so i am going to have that fixed!
Figured since i am doing this i should paint the lips orange to match?

Whats everyones opinion on this?

It does not necessary mean i will do it but I am considering it!

lips.jpg

I like the thinner line, like on the left...such a large line might look off balance in terms of asthetics on the wheel. Better proportions...just my opinion:) but looks good

I agree with a thinner line, if i were a small line of orange lie maybe a pinstripe it might look good, it is too much like that.
Alan

I liked it at first...Not that I don't now, but it is different. Maybe its the color that is too much or something. I usually like the monochromatic look.

BTW, is your car "B" headed now?

SWS

The orange stands out, but I'm not sure it would appeal. Maybe try to do something a little more creative with the wide rim. Perhaps sandblasting some designs into the chrome so that from a distance the lip looks gray, but when you get up close you can see fine detail etched into the surface? Keeping clean could be a challenge unless you can coat the wheel somehow.

I think it looks good, your always up for being different so I say do it.....always enjoyed seeing you're car.:)

It looks good. I would make the lip black.

It's your car, so you should do what you think looks good.

I like the way it looks on the front with the Black inner mounting area and the chrome nuts.

Is the rear wheel different?

I think it looks GREAT! Go for it!

It looks good. I would make the lip black.

It's your car, so you should do what you think looks good.

I have to agree with McAwesome... It's your car, do what you like first and foremost. Second, you have always been outside the box so to speak which some like and some don't. Can't please everyone, so please yourself. :)

Personally, I like it because it's different but your changes are tastefully done & you're very meticulous with your car so it looks great. Plus, some of the new designs I've seen are doing some of the same type of thing. The new 2012 Boss mustang for example, has a color scheme that is black with red trim and does something very similar with the wheels. Again, some will like it some will HATE it...Ultimiately it comes down to personal taste.

Attachments

• 2012-Ford-Mustang-Boss-and-Laguna-Seca6.jpg
    2012-Ford-Mustang-Boss-and-Laguna-Seca6.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 84
i had some free time today so i did couple more quick photoshops...
i know the color is kinda off but i think i like it:)

back_lip.jpg

side_lips.jpg

i had some free time today so i did couple more quick photoshops...
i know the color is kinda off but i think i like it:)

back_lip.jpg

side_lips.jpg

I think it looks awesome!
really sets it apart, the little custom things set a car apart from others.
1 off rims now!

Back