car has no inj pulse????

mutlyi4

my 1990 has no injection pulse has good spark have already replaced the module and crank sensor what could be causing this im going nuts here

Do you mean none of the injectors are firing? Do you have 12 volts at the red wire at each of the injectors? Did you check them with a noid light? Check your cam position sensor.

What other work have you done to the car. Have you been around or near the EEC? Damaged wire harness somewhere? If it comes down to it let me know where you are I have an extra EEC you could plug in, it is possible I suppose that the computer is dead.

bought the car back from the lady i sold it to after the ignition switch went bad she was jumping the selonoid on the starter the fried the module so i have replaced the ignition switch the crank sensor and cam sensor and of course the module and the car ran for two days and then quit and has no injector pulse just like when i got it back???

I have a 89 parts car sitting outside that is an automatic. The computer is out of it if you think you need it let me know. Pay for shipping and you can have it.

Have you tried pulling codes? I would try that before I counted the computer dead. I have attached pinout for the EEC.

Attachments

• tbird comp1.pdf
    57 KB · Views: 47
  • tbird comp2.pdf
    47 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
If you have 12V at each injector, then you may have a problem with the EEC. The computer fires the injectors by sending the second injector wires to ground. I suggest trying another EEC.

yea i was thinking about the computer but i did scan it with a scan tool and did the koeo test and all passed??? could it still be the computer??

I wouldn't believe that would show up on a KOEO test. Those codes are configured and stored while the motor is running. You can confirm they are fired by grounding if you unplug the round connector on the injector harness (closer to the firewall under the hood) and touching each pin to ground with the key on. There are two wires that don't go to the injectors, though so those won't work. One's orange and one is red, I think.

Back