Squeaky front end

VINCES

My '94 has newer upper and lower control arms and swaybar end links, yet when it is cold outside te front end squeaks pretty loudly. This includes pushing on each fender or while driving and sometimes while turning, but
More so with suspension travel. Ruling out the newer parts I mentioned, does
Anyone know the likely culprit(s)? Or best guesses to try/look for.

My '94 has newer upper and lower control arms and swaybar end links, yet when it is cold outside te front end squeaks pretty loudly. This includes pushing on each fender or while driving and sometimes while turning, but
More so with suspension travel. Ruling out the newer parts I mentioned, does
Anyone know the likely culprit(s)? Or best guesses to try/look for.

Could still be the upper and/or lower control arms.

Shocks?

Spring mounts?

Might have to put a mic on various parts and pump the front end to see where it's loudest.

RwP

I should
Take a video. I guess cold would affect bushings? Of course it was very warm today and she didn't make a peep.

Last edited:
get some vvl800 or areo kroil or some type of high end lubricating spray and spray down 1 front end part at a time. test for sounds after spraying each piece. if that doesnt help then check you motor mounts, rad mounts, trans mounts, and might even want to check the fire wall for cracks. all things that can squeak when under a load.

I would check the tie rod ends. I owned a v6 n/a 93 as my first tbird and the tie rod ends squeaked real loud.

Also check your sub frame bolts. My Cougar would squeek going over speed bumps and what not, tightened the sub frame bolts to fix the issue.

Same problem, ball joints. Get the weight off the suspension and grease them full. Drive it a few minutes and i'd bet it's gone. Every darn ball joint i have gotten from advanced has done this. The grease system sucks! I have to grease my ball joints on my truck monthly. I will never get them from there again. I don't know where you got yours but it sounds like identical symptoms.

yikes, lots of possibilities. Good idea, try one item at a time.....Just don't want to replace things that were already done....and i guess i better do it while it's still somewhat cold, since it is ok in warm weather.

My 89 SC does the same thing. It does seem to be more with suspension travel and cold weather (below 45 Degress). I'll post if I find something before I see you update the thread. Good Luck

by all means dont jump right to this in your case, test it first. but as for me i once had noise when it would become cold and found my struts had come to there end. replaced them and all was good. there are alot of possibilities as to what your problem could be so dont replace them first.

Thanks for the advice. I bought the car in July of 2007, and have only put about 5-7k on it. The seller gave me paperwork from the Ford Dealer where he bought it showing the work he had done on car. In 2006, the car received upper and lower control arms, new swaybar end links, and strut or struts, it was hard to read at end of page. I have a set of struts and springs from my 1995 that I am still parting out. I was going to loosen the sway bar and use some Energy Suspension pre-lube and see if it helped. I would have hoped the Dealer changed the ball joints alond with the control arms????

revive, shocks folks shocks! we don't have struts! we have supercoupes lol
that irks me, sry

anywho, my front end on my blue 92 has started making a squeak as well, sounds just as everyone else here, does it when cold, recently its been doing it when its warm now too, the sway bar end links are shot so im fairly certain those are the culprit, i'll know as soon as i decide to get out in the heat and take a look see/tinker

I have seen this be the sway bar bushing are dry on several occasions. wd-40 will quite it for a few days but loosen it and put some silicon grease in there and you won't have to worry about it for years.
Alan

Back