What parts are needed to convert lug pattern to 5 x 115

Quit yelling!

2000 Cobra IRS rear hubs. SN95 (w/ or w/o ABS rings). Also redrill 'bird rotors or get rotors in 5x4.5 BC.
Hint: replace rear hub brgs when you do it.
MikeH

2000 Cobra IRS rear hubs. SN95 (w/ or w/o ABS rings). Also redrill 'bird rotors or get rotors in 5x4.5 BC.
MikeH

Also front hubs from a Mustang (Cobra or not) of similar vintage. ;)

rotors

you say to get rotors for 5 on 4.5 but from what car to get the diameter right for the right fit for the sc?

MikeH

What do you mean by 5x4.5 BC i know what 5x4.5 but what does the BC mean

MikeH

Any 99-04 Cobra rear hubs, 94-04 front hubs with abs rings or have 4 stock hubs re-drilled to the 4.5" bolt pattern. For rotors you can get 99-04 front Mustang models and re-drill the stock rear rotors or re-drill all 4 stock rotors.
One note on the Cobra rear hubs, they have a larger center bore so the stock rear rotors will also have to have the center bore enlarged to match.

im talking about what rotor has a 5x4.5 lug pattern that is the right circumfrance to fit in the current brake setup on an sc. I want to eventually do the 13" brake upgrade I also have mustang spindles if they will work for the 13" brake upgrade

im talking about what rotor has a 5x4.5 lug pattern that is the right circumfrance to fit in the current brake setup on an sc. I want to eventually do the 13" brake upgrade I also have mustang spindles if they will work for the 13" brake upgrade

Front - 94-04 Mustang

Rear - ther isn't one, re-drilled the stock rotors as I mentioned.

Mustang spindles will not work, you also need late model Bird spindles, 93 or newer/might be 92 or newer, for the 13" brake upgrade if you don't already have them.

Last edited:
The rear hubs required are the 1999 Cobra hubs, as they have 28 splines like the MN12.

I will say it again Todd, any 99-04 cobra hubs will work. All of them are 28 spline at the hub, the later Cobra axles are 31 spline at the differential but 28 spline at the hub.

so because I have an 89 I need to upgrade to 93 tbird spindles on the front for 13" brakes if so can the be regular tbird spindles? I can get thos easy and I have the front hubs to do the conversion and I have a line on the cobra brakes and rotos for 450 shipped.

so because I have an 89 I need to upgrade to 93 tbird spindles on the front for 13" brakes if so can the be regular tbird spindles? I can get thos easy and I have the front hubs to do the conversion and I have a line on the cobra brakes and rotos for 450 shipped.

If you want to use any rotors bigger than stock, you need 92+ (?) spindles. The early ones have the caliper bracket forged into the spindle. The later ones use a separate bracket. They can be from any trim level of Thunderbird. Mark VIII ones might work, too ... not sure.

What about drilling the wheels? I mean unless you plan on buy new wheels more often than rotors, drilling the wheels once can save.

Back