is a vacuum distribution block possible?

mmathews

I would like to remove all the vacuum lines except the bypass actuator. Is it possible to run a single large hose to a distribution block and use the appropriate metering nipples out of it? I would like a little easier inspection of the lines plus it would save some hassle removing the piping. And, has anyone removed the egr valve? I hear mixed messages on it. I really just wanna remove or relocate anything that clutters the rear of the engine. And removing the cow is gettin old.

Egr

I have a removed EGR system. I bought the car with new headers and I assume thats why the EGR was removed in the first place. The vacuum lines were still attached and had a leak so I removed the remainder of the plastic red and green vacuum lines and the box that controls them and had the system deleted off my EEC.

Cel

Yes, it will through a code, that is why I had to have a tuner turn that function off of my EEC. after that, no check engine light.

Yes you can use a vac distribution block but you have to be careful and watch what everyline is for. I replumbed my vac system last year using a main feed and a billet aluminum distribution block. There are several lines that have one way check valves that need to be kept. Make your self a diagram on paper so you make sure everything is correct. Also make sure your PCV has its own line direct to the inlet plenum not to the distribution block.

I replumbed my vac system last year using a main feed and a billet aluminum distribution block

I like this idea. Where did you mount the block?

Regards

Sean

Yep, as long as you have an understanding of what each line does and what it goes to, running a single distribution block isn't an issue.

Is the boost gauge the only line that doesn't run in constant vaccuum? And, can you use a different style hose?

Oh, and if i block off the egr and disconnect it, does the car run rich/lean? I could deal with the cel til i am done with my project but i dont want the car to run like crap

No there are several more. Like I mentioned look at the vac diagram and label each one and carefully make sure you put them back the way they were supposed to be.

Egr

Oh, and if i block off the egr and disconnect it, does the car run rich/lean? I could deal with the cel til i am done with my project but i dont want the car to run like crap

Mine did ran fine once I made sure the vacuum lines to the egr were disconected and plugged, but I could not stand the CEL so I got it tuned to get rid of that.

Back