PDA

View Full Version : is a vacuum distribution block possible?

mmathews
03-22-2011, 08:45 PM
I would like to remove all the vacuum lines except the bypass actuator. Is it possible to run a single large hose to a distribution block and use the appropriate metering nipples out of it? I would like a little easier inspection of the lines plus it would save some hassle removing the piping. And, has anyone removed the egr valve? I hear mixed messages on it. I really just wanna remove or relocate anything that clutters the rear of the engine. And removing the cow is gettin old.

Regul8r
03-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Very interesting thought!

sc4u2nv
03-22-2011, 09:04 PM
I have a removed EGR system. I bought the car with new headers and I assume thats why the EGR was removed in the first place. The vacuum lines were still attached and had a leak so I removed the remainder of the plastic red and green vacuum lines and the box that controls them and had the system deleted off my EEC.

mmathews
03-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Does it throw a cel if you just delete it and unplug the harness?

sc4u2nv
03-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Yes, it will through a code, that is why I had to have a tuner turn that function off of my EEC. after that, no check engine light.

Silenced
03-23-2011, 09:43 AM
Yes, yes you can. Don't be cheap.

rzimmerl
03-23-2011, 10:02 AM
Yes you can use a vac distribution block but you have to be careful and watch what everyline is for. I replumbed my vac system last year using a main feed and a billet aluminum distribution block. There are several lines that have one way check valves that need to be kept. Make your self a diagram on paper so you make sure everything is correct. Also make sure your PCV has its own line direct to the inlet plenum not to the distribution block.

sdw
03-23-2011, 03:38 PM
I replumbed my vac system last year using a main feed and a billet aluminum distribution block

I like this idea. Where did you mount the block?

Regards

Sean

racecougar
03-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Yep, as long as you have an understanding of what each line does and what it goes to, running a single distribution block isn't an issue.

mmathews
03-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Is the boost gauge the only line that doesn't run in constant vaccuum? And, can you use a different style hose?

mmathews
03-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Oh, and if i block off the egr and disconnect it, does the car run rich/lean? I could deal with the cel til i am done with my project but i dont want the car to run like crap

rzimmerl
03-24-2011, 01:58 PM
No there are several more. Like I mentioned look at the vac diagram and label each one and carefully make sure you put them back the way they were supposed to be.

sc4u2nv
03-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Oh, and if i block off the egr and disconnect it, does the car run rich/lean? I could deal with the cel til i am done with my project but i dont want the car to run like crap

Mine did ran fine once I made sure the vacuum lines to the egr were disconected and plugged, but I could not stand the CEL so I got it tuned to get rid of that.