egr transducer?

mmathews

I removed my heads today. On the back of the drivers side head was bolted, what i believe to be, the egr transducer. Is that correct? It had the red and green vaccuum lines going to it. I did a search and the only answer i found was its located behind the sc under the cowl.

1994. I searched egr solenoid and found the answer. But thanks for claifying it. I really wanna get rid of this sucker!

egr is a good thing, i went out of my way to retain it on my 408 turbo, i recommend keeping it unless you have issues with it

weather to keep egr or pull it is up to you. i cant say either way if its good or bad. i will say i removed it along with alot of other people and none of us miss it. if you decide to remove it i have extra egr block off plates. i customized my inlet plenums and during the customization i welded over the egr ports not requiring a plate anymore.
PM me if you need a plate.

I was gonna plug the hole in the exhaust and i have a 1/4" aluminum plate all cut out ready to cover it. I've read the egr debate. I dont quite understand whats good about it? Except for the enviroment. As far as it burning more oxygen and making bigger explosions thus higher engine temps raising possible detonation, isn't that the same as boosting the air density? Since it only works when your cruising, wouldn't WOT immediately cause detonation? I mean the explosion in the chamber is gonna be higher at 12 lbs of boost than with the egr at N/A? I am not bein smart. Thats just my understanding. I am open to opions

Back