Perception is everything

Stocker

Finally had the exhaust done on the 'Bird and love it. I had the exits at the center, I love center exit exhaust. (It is an SC drivetrain in an LX body. Mustang TEMs, 2.5(x2)-3-2.5(x2), Moroso Spiral Flow resonator, Magnaflow mufflers; if anyone is intrigued by this combination and is curious about it I can get a video of it easily.) Sounds great and doesn't look bad either.
sam_0275.jpg

Until you get to the rear.
sam_0273.jpg

:mad: This will have to do for now. I'll get the mufflers relocated to stock positions later.

Question: Is blow back normal if removing EGR on a EGR equipped vehicle? The TEMs I got had the EGR hole welded shut so I just deleted the EGR on the car and now I notice a blow back in the dipstick tube. This can't be normal? Nothing else has changed.

Last edited:
Agreed. I'll probably turn into a sheep and run them back into the stock positions later when I can find the time/money to get to an exhaust shop; I don't think he quite understood what I was telling him.

it might just be the way you took the pic but those look like some meaty looking tires you have on the back.

I think the center exhaust is a great Idea if it could be brought up enough to look ok. They just hang so low in this instance I dont think it looks that great.

I've seen center exits tucked up enough to look real good but I don't know if any of them used the mufflers at the back where I have mine or not. I think most of them either did not use a muffler or used the center mount only.

it might just be the way you took the pic but those look like some meaty looking tires you have on the back.

:D

Back