PDA

View Full Version : What color caliper?

Thomas95SC
03-29-2011, 10:11 PM
I have a black 95 sc and having trouble figuring out what color to paint the calipers. Opinions?

S_Mazza
03-29-2011, 10:49 PM
I have a black 95 sc and having trouble figuring out what color to paint the calipers. Opinions?

What kind of wheels are on it?

David Neibert
03-29-2011, 11:43 PM

Red

David

PS: Click on my garage link below to see some pictures of red calipers on a black car.

XxSlowpokexX
03-30-2011, 12:24 AM
Im with David red looks good with a black car. Plus its a typical color for calipers in hipo cars nowadays. Silver or blue would work equally as well. I went with black to make things easier as I have an off colored car. Thats an option as well!

KMT
03-30-2011, 02:29 AM
35th Anny w/red calipers front & rear.

Regul8r
03-30-2011, 06:39 AM
What color is the interior?
ANY other colors on the car?

Agreed Red does look good, if you don't have another color on the car to color match the calipers.

91BLOWNBIRD
03-30-2011, 01:30 PM
I put red cobras on mine and before didnt think it would look good cause my car is white, but red tends to look good on any color car...

I was thinking black but its kinda cool to have them stand out

The cobras came from a 95 SC before I got them and it looked awesome...he also had the rears painted red too

Thomas95SC
03-30-2011, 10:07 PM
What kind of wheels are on it?

I was thinking something like this. The interior is tan. Sorry, this isn't much of a poll. I couldnt figure out how to make it a poll:o. I'm about to redo the suspension so I figured id do the brakes as well. I'll get the wheels when I paint the car. I was thinking red or silver but am leaning towards red.

BLOWN38
03-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Painted my cobras silver. http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=935718&postcount=4

S_Mazza
03-31-2011, 11:23 AM
I was thinking something like this. The interior is tan. Sorry, this isn't much of a poll. I couldnt figure out how to make it a poll:o. I'm about to redo the suspension so I figured id do the brakes as well. I'll get the wheels when I paint the car. I was thinking red or silver but am leaning towards red.

I like those a lot. Nice.

I think I would probably do a gloss black, if the SC is black and the wheels have some black in them.

You know, one thing that would make these cars look a little nicer is if we could get plated rotors. I know a lot of higher-end cars have cadmium-plated rotors stock, and they are available aftermarket for a lot of cars now. It would be nice to see no rust inside the wheels!

DrFishbone
03-31-2011, 12:52 PM
Hey Thomas!

I went with red on mine. The previous owners of my wife's Mustang painted the cailpers yellow...it's grown on me and I would consider yellow calipers too - especially if you have a color theme going on. :cool:

If you have any colors that stand out on your car (besides the main paint color), matching whatever that color is would probably look pretty good. I don't think I would paint calipers the same color as the rest of the car though - unless it is black or maybe silver.

Thomas95SC
03-31-2011, 09:55 PM
Hey Thomas!

I went with red on mine. The previous owners of my wife's Mustang painted the cailpers yellow...it's grown on me and I would consider yellow calipers too - especially if you have a color theme going on. :cool:

If you have any colors that stand out on your car (besides the main paint color), matching whatever that color is would probably look pretty good. I don't think I would paint calipers the same color as the rest of the car though - unless it is black or maybe silver.

I had considered yellow but my wife hates it :rolleyes:. Those wheels say closeout and there is only 2 left so maybe these:

LeeU
04-01-2011, 11:21 AM
I had considered yellow but my wife hates it :rolleyes:. Those wheels say closeout and there is only 2 left so maybe these:

I just went through this on my Roush, I was going to paint them with G2 but could not get the finish I wanted, I sprayed G2 on my J-Hook road racing rotors on the edges and center hats, was not happy and had them stripped and zinc plated in black so the J-Hooks will show up after the pads wear through the zinc on the pad surface, after the disappointment with my rotors I packed up all 4 calipers and sent them to

http://www.tiradocustomcoatings.com/

I have not gotten the calipers back yet as they are on a FedEx truck but I have photos on my Photo Bucket album. I will upload some of the rotors to, don't forget about dressing the rotors up as they make a complete package.
Lee

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg287/LeeUnd11/?start=all&mediafilter=images

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg287/LeeUnd11/DSCN7333.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg287/LeeUnd11/DSC01992.jpg

DemonSC
04-05-2011, 07:37 AM
my brother painted my calipers gold. it actually looks pretty good. my car is black w/ red interior. stock wheels. i can get a pic. if you want.

Breadsax
04-08-2011, 10:33 AM
I have a black 89 with black/titanium interior. I went with black since I think red ones are all over the place.

Cobra330
12-01-2011, 09:28 PM
I have a 93 silver/silver interior and I doing blue calipers. The guy before me put Ford blue oval decals on lower molding, so that ties it in.

93scproject
12-04-2011, 02:51 PM
I painted the calipers and all but the pad surface of the rotors gloss black I think it looks great with my black car and 6 spoke enkei wheels.