No heater/air cond. fan and no DIC ?

barberben

Hey guys this had been happening intermittently, bit now seems permanent. My heater(A/C) fan switch is not working, neither is the DIC. That is what you call that little information center above the radio right? It was intermittent for about a week, then died today. Where should I start?

Thanks

Hey guys this had been happening intermittently, bit now seems permanent. My heater(A/C) fan switch is not working, neither is the DIC. That is what you call that little information center above the radio right? It was intermittent for about a week, then died today. Where should I start?

Thanks

A GM fan, I see.

The official name is "Vehicle Maintenance Monitor" or VMM.

As to the rest - a shot in the dark is to check the ignition switch (SaWHA?) Seems like when they start failing it's rather random which circuits fail at first.

RwP

GM fan? Well i do have a Corvette, but I drive the T-Chicken WAY more. Go figure. LOL. Anyway, long story short, your "shot in the dark" guess was dead on the money. I also noticed that my turn signals werent working, so with the car running, I wiggled my key back and forth in the switch violently, and everyhting started working perfectly. You may have noticed that I have another thread running about my brakes not working. Yeah this fixed that too! of course I wouldnt have power brakes if the car thinks the ignition is off.

Thanks

Back