Clutch pedal problem

the-big-e

I got this 5 speed and it seems to have quite a bit of clutch pedal pressure....

It "feels" like it has a SPEC II clutch in her.....:rolleyes:

I just installed a new plastic retainer clip on the pedal and it wore out after about a week of driving and the slave cylinder rod keeps popping off....

Is there a some other type of retainer or bushing that is used when a SPEC II clutch is installed.....:confused:

I have a stage II clutch on my 5 spd. I didn't notice any difference in the pedal effort from the original. The only thing I can think of which would increase the force is be the pressure plate. Are you sure its a stage II and its installed correctly? Stage IIIs are supposed to have a lot of pressure.

I haven't dug that far into it.....

I got the car because of a bad intake gasket....:D

The PO did not install a clutch while he had her.....

The clutch pedal has quite a bit of side to side play...

I have another pedal that is in way better condition and I will install it next.....

I had an 89 SC with a Centerforce clutch and it required about the same pressure to operate....

It was a real pain to drive in interstate rush hour traffic.....:p

I have Spec clutch in my car and it requires more pedal pressure than a stock for sure. I have had zero problems with my clutch pedal after fabricating a bushing and drilling a hole through the pedal to be able to install a cotter pin as a keeper.

I got this 5 speed and it seems to have quite a bit of clutch pedal pressure....

It "feels" like it has a SPEC II clutch in her.....:rolleyes:

I just installed a new plastic retainer clip on the pedal and it wore out after about a week of driving and the slave cylinder rod keeps popping off....

Is there a some other type of retainer or bushing that is used when a SPEC II clutch is installed.....:confused:

same thing here with the clutch pedal popping off. last time i got in there i also took 2 zip ties and wrapped them around it all and its stayed on since, thats been close to 2 years now. and yes the spec stage 2 was to much for me being the fact i have a bad left knee. the centerforce duel friction is still tough but i can atleast stand it. im not sure if there is any other way to reduce the pressure required or not. now that im thinking of it im going to research a lil to see if there are stronger master cylinders that can be used without hurting the slave. that might help.

Back