blown head gasket, or bad crank sensor maybe?

TBirdSC89

Hey everyone
Purchased a manual 89 sc couple months ago. Previous owner said it had a blown head, although I have my suspicions its not. The car actually ran good enough for a drive, I flushed oil and added coolant. The oil was a milky color, but it had been sitting for a couple years, so i suspect bad oil. Real white and build up around the oil fill valve cover too. Did another oil change to get any old crap out. replaced the supercharger, coil, cam sensor, plugs/wires, battery, alternator, and new intake. Just needed new things wasn't in great shape. My question is when the crank sensor is bad. She starts but needs my foot on the gas pedal to keep her going, a very rough idle too. Sounded a lot better after the oil change. I suspect I need to check the vacuums, injectors and any possible leaks. Any ideas as to what makes these tbirds run like its getting nothing? Fuel pump turns on fine too
Thank You

The oil was a milky color, but it had been sitting for a couple years, so i suspect bad oil. Real white and build up around the oil fill valve cover too.

The oil being milky usually means coolant has mixed with the oil. So more than likely your HG is blown. I would stop running it before you damage your rod bearings.

I believe on a manual when the crank sensor goes bad the upshift light will come on and/or you should get a CE light.

the engine noise

was going to put a video up of what my tbird is doing until i found this one. mine is making this exact same noise :eek: sounds to me like im gonna be into my tbird for some money :D difference is mine wont really run now, dont know if if has to be with when i got it, took a while to get it going for that test drive, but now sounds worse. and good thing i got it parked in my driveway and that im not running it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvV3se6eqH4

Whatever it is, it's not good.....

Most likely a rod knock.....

Water in the oil is not good for the bearings.....:p

like the others have said, milky oil means you got coolant in it and your engine is now shot. your going to need a rebuild or replacement engine. no engine last long if ran with water in the oil. the first time you seen milky oil you should not have even started it. this could have been just a head job needed now im very certain your going to need an entire rebuild.

Back