Air conditioning Hoses. Part #s and where to find.

ricardoa1

I am getting ready to do some things to the air conditioner system on my car.

I had a small leak somewhere along the line last summer and I want to replace some items that I will need since I am tearing things down anyways. Last season the belt flew due to a broken tensioner and took out the connector on the hub at the compressor. I found that on rock auto but i need to know how to take the clutch and off to get to the piece on the compressor. Let me know what tools I need to get this done.

Also I need a line that has an external crack. It had the crack for a long time but maybe the refigerant leaked because it got to the inside lining. This hose is one that goes to the back of the compressor and to the condenser. It is short but i think it has that huge metal tube that travels down. Can that hose be replaced or does it need to be refurbished? Ill take a picture of this hose.. I also need a Spal fan LOL I forgot.

I just got the hose assy. off the compressor from oreilly's , you can go to the store, they showed me the picture & it's working fine. Was 118.xx

The assembly includes the high pressure line/hose + the 2 port manifold + the low pressure suction line/hose. If I needed a new one, I'd buy it used from someone here.

Also, to remove the clutch coil, you will need to unbolt the clutch plate, remove the "C" clip from the front of the pulley, and then work the pulley forward and off. It can be done on the car, but I'd recommend doing it on a workbench.

The assembly includes the high pressure line/hose + the 2 port manifold + the low pressure suction line/hose. If I needed a new one, I'd buy it used from someone here.

Also, to remove the clutch coil, you will need to unbolt the clutch plate, remove the "C" clip from the front of the pulley, and then work the pulley forward and off. It can be done on the car, but I'd recommend doing it on a workbench.

Yeah this is the one, Its got the manifold that bolts to the back of the compressor goes to the condenser and I think ends at that canister looking bottle. Its all one piece...

So how do I recondition the hose? is there a kit you can buy? I dont want used for fear of it being dryrotted. But I dont know if the aftermarket hoses will be of the same quality as the original. Rubber items are always a gamble.

Ive never seen a AC repair shop around me. Is there such a thing?

Ive never seen a AC repair shop around me. Is there such a thing?

They're out there somewhere! I don't know where the closest one to me is, either. That site that I linked to shows the process just fine, but they tailor more to the professional mechanic. I know that you can get hose and ferrules online ... I would just search for those terms, or "barrier hose". I don't have a site address handy.

Back