Head gasket

sccrewzer

I have a question about the fel pro gasket pt# 9642-1 does anybody know why there missing some water jacket holes and which side goes towards the heads the one with the blue stripes or the grey side?
Do I need to use cooper spray on these gaskets if the block didn't get resurfaced?

The missing holes are there so that the coolant circulates correctly, so don't drill/expand anything new. Also, just follow the word that says front and they will both be correct. One will face up and the other down. You do not need any sealants such as copper.

The missing holes are there so that the coolant circulates correctly, so don't drill/expand anything new. Also, just follow the word that says front and they will both be correct. One will face up and the other down. You do not need any sealants such as copper.

Thank you very much for the information!

How smooth are the heads surfaced? If your heads are milled smooth enough to run MLS, put copper spray on the block side only.

How smooth are the heads surfaced? If your heads are milled smooth enough to run MLS, put copper spray on the block side only.

it's pretty smooth but I decided to put them on dry hopefully they hold up I also went with the arp studs.

Back